Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

[mention=17365]Tarheel[/mention]

So..........I'm dying to know how these sound to you?? Please

Same here! I’m curious how they compare to Forte IIs. I’d like to find a speaker that plays better with my room, which I can’t really treat due to it being our living room. Every review on the M3s seems very positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No Gents......not a problem hooking them up.  It's pretty simple as the tubed Quicksilver Full Function preamp has inputs for two power amps.  I am able to plug in both the Quicksilver Horn Monos and the ATI 1502 and switch between tubed and solid state.  No need for splitters.

I have responded to a couple of private messages inquiring about my thoughts on the Spatial M3 Turbo S and also about the ATI 1502.  I have wanted to give them some time and for me to gather my thoughts as in the past I have anointed gear the best thing since sliced bread when in actuality the sound was just different from what I was use to. 

I recall one occasion when I was going on about how good my vintage HK tubed receiver sounded and made the remark that it "blew the horn monos out of the water" my bud Oldbuckster shot back "Tar are you sure or is the sound just different from what you are use to?".  Of course Buckster was right and though he is no longer with us.....I haven't forgotten his lesson.  Thanks for that OB.

A couple of you young fellas have insinuated that you are considering purchasing a pair of the Spatials and to that I would say to you what forum member Claude said to me.  At the Axpona Show the only speakers that bested the Spatials in his opinion was a $40,000 pair of horn speakers.  He further stated that if I could purchase them used it would be an even better deal.  Now realizing we are on a Klipsch site I should not go on about other speaker purchases  that may compete with our beloved horns.

What I did.....I googled Spatial M3 Turbo S and read numerous reviews (and I mean numerous) and then I reread them.  I was unable to find a negative one.  Even those Gents over at AK love them.  I do respect Claude's opinion and weighed that in my decision, found two pair used, and bought a pair from an audiophile in NJ.  The M3s were 18 months old and in mint condition.  

Stay tuned for photos later tonight or tomorrow.

I can go on about the packing, about my crush on Clayton Shaw for creating these masterpieces, about the sound, about open baffles,  but you tell me.....should I do it here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Now realizing we are on a Klipsch site I should not go on about other speaker purchases  that may compete with our beloved horns.

What I did.....I googled Spatial M3 Turbo S and read numerous reviews (and I mean numerous) and then I reread them.  I was unable to find a negative one.  Even those Gents over at AK love them.  I do respect Claude's opinion and weighed that in my decision, found two pair used, and bought a pair from an audiophile in NJ.  The M3s were 18 months old and in mint condition.  

Stay tuned for photos later today or tonight.

I can go on about the packing, about my crush on Clayton Shaw for creating these masterpieces, about the sound, about open baffles,  but you tell me.....should I do it here?

We all have an affinity for Klipsch here, me particularly for the Heritage line. I am not pretending to be a moderator, but it is your thread.

Maybe modify the title to Cables, Coffee, Cones and Cocktails :wink: 

Just the pics and video of those works of art make me want to know your personal opinions on them!

• Like 1

Beeeutiful @Tarheel

Whatcha going to test `em out with?

I like the Kinks Superman for the bass, Marshall Tuckers entire Running Like the Wind (exceptional LP) with the flutes and vocals, some Kansas Leftoverture for the harmonies. Then that leads down the road to Depeche Mode, 808 State, Eric Clapton, ACDC Powerage, Billy Joel and everything else I know well.

Enjoy them Chuck!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1