Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 12/9/2018 at 8:22 AM, Tarheel said:

new to me Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers

I had to go back and read....

did you get a fair deal on them Chuck ?

and how old are they ?

and did you have some listening time with them ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I had to go back and read....

did you get a fair deal on them Chuck ?

and how old are they ?

and did you have some listening time with them ?

$1100 off retail,  18 months old and minty,  a few hours.  So far.......love them!

• Thanks 2

Yes still experimenting within the confines of the room/other gear.  30" from side wall is suggested and 2 feet off rear wall.  Sound stage is large so the sweet spot is not as critical as a box speaker.  Mine are 35" off side walls and about 8' apart and 11" from listening area.

Read the above mentioned review.....a good read.

Not sure about the model # on the HK and I'm not home to check.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Those speakers look very interesting. I like how you have multiple systems within the same room, and each have their own area. Very nice!

Thanks.....all speakers are easily moved with pads so not to be firing into each other.  But for now the Spatials have center stage.

• Like 4

Haven't backtracked to see what's been going on.  Hope you folk getting heavy weather are all OK.

I'm still sucking air. Feeling OK, except for the need to take frequent naps. I'd like to go to the lake. See if I can get a few 'gills from shore.... but, I have housework to catch up on. Wife is doing report cards and the kids was here... I don't like to clean when people are here. You never get done...

Finally got my land line fixed. It was going out an hour after sunset and coming back on mid morning. I did get rid of a lot of junk calls.

I see folks talking about "breaking in" speakers.... I am of the opinion that it takes more than a couple days or weeks. Maybe I just don't exercise my gear properly, but these Scalas seem to be getting richer sounding   and it has been 2 months. Really enjoying them.

• Like 5

wasn't it Dodge that brought out a Deuce coupe type car a while back?

21 hours ago, richieb said:

=== more likely your hearing/senses breaking in to the LS sound than the LS itself breaking in - ? They were used and guessing ready for prime time when you bought them ? Unless - were the woofs brand spankin’ new —

I think you're right. It takes some time to adjust. However it works, they are sounding richer/deeper. I can feel the floor shake at lower volume now... That might be the result of more spirited  sessions shaking stuff loose. lol

Sumatra in the pot this AM. I have a bag of Kona... Not saving it for special... Don't care that much for it. Medium dark roast.  That's what they do to lesser beans.

• Like 2