Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The darn stock automatic would chirp the tires going from 2'nd to 3'rd.

Buick used the 2004r transmission built to task.

Same as the rear end, Buick used the stronger 8.5 ring gear for additional strength.

There was a lot of thought put into that package.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== the SS was more for show than go I believe. And it did look cool. Apparently you did, and should have, smoked the SS?

Unless you knew what to do with them, the 9C1 (Police Package) is what they based the SS Impala on. The SS had less body bushings to the suspension and a more lightweight suspension. 9C1 had two oil coolers one in the radiator and one external, an external transmission oil cooler, aircraft grade aluminum driveshaft 3.08 rear end posi. It also had a less restrictive exhaust than the SS. Crayola seafoam green lifetime 100% silicone hoses.

Help it breathe right, first rule with any new to me vehicle.. increase the efficiency! Upgrade the pcm a little, use F-body parts in a few places, Corvette starter, MSD Blaster coil, Magnecor spark-plug wires, Dunlop rubber. Rebuilt tranny with a 1300rpm stall converter! Dr Gas X-pipe installed correctly and Flowmaster 50s, converter delete. This engine produced no smog anyhow. Those simple upgrades and mine was a two ton 13 sec car, not a vette, but the cacaroacha-mobile ^_^, yeah B-bodies were big for the 90s could hang pretty good!

Program I used at all those forums back then messed up the actual pics on my pc, but this is it before the vette dress-kit on the motor, the headlight pod refresh, and finishing the trim delete after the SS stuff and repaint on it.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.jpg

• Like 3

I had a good friend who was into the 9c1 cars. I spent a lot of time riding in and remember one fun trip i drove to the Michigan NASCAR race driving from Indy to MIS at night with almost everyone getting out of the way while he slept.

The Buick Roadmaster with the LT1 is also a fav especially in the wagon. If you can find a woodie delete model.

• Like 2

That was one thing unique to those cars. `Cause I lived at Cape Canaveral and drove up here a lot. Daytime was too crowded to drive that trip unless I had to. When I did it in the 9C1 it was like Moses parting the Red Sea. Imagine a Crown Vic with the spotlight could enjoy the same thing, but I could put it on cruise and folks would just move to the right!!!!!

In all my other vehicles the left lane 52 1/2 mph folks want to dictate their dangerous speed to me when I've actually got a destination in mind.:angry2:

IMG-20181218-121828.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

In the 90s I saw theses all over the place in Central FL @WillyBob

2003-chevrolet-ssr-14w.jpg

Think they had the F-body (aluminum) LT-1

Dodge did the 10 cylinder Viper that was raw and literally vibrated you in your truck from across the intersection when they stomped it. But they weren't as accessible as that Chevy. These were definitely made with the retro angle in mind. Not quite like the soap-box-derby deuce coupe look. 

Probably more that I've forgot, I actually saw a couple of VW "Things" still being used when I was down there, remember them?

I was thinking of the Prowler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We did a rolling run.  It was kind of like when you're watching a parachute video and one guy pulls the cord when we both hit it.  Now that I think about it, he had an SS Monte Carlo, not an Impala.  I've slept a couple times since then.

=== and consumed a couple or more slushies, too —

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Got back home last night in time to watch football, had a good time. A few friends helped Kevin install some surrounds and a center channel, it sounds good.

The surrounds and center are 362's which are the same size as the 396, he used these because the mains are Khorns. He had to order heavy brackets to hang them being there about 75 pounds, luckily there is a 6" x 12" beam that runs the length of the living room. There are about 12 7" lag bolts holding each bracket, it's a long way to fall if it were to fall, it would kill someone. We had to use a double scaffolding to reach where they went. 

The speakers and brackets were black and had to be painted to match the ceiling and it rained taking 2 days to dry so we could wrestle them up there. Halfway through drying we had to bring them inside by the fireplace to finish the drying, it was looking like they were not going to dry.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

they look like some kind of fancy air purifiers... lol  ya b"camo'd " them nice. The blend in nicely

... a thousand years ago

at the bowling alley, in the beginning of computerized scoring systems, the overhead displays were two 35in crt monitors hung from the ceiling. We had a little block and tackle.

the things we used to do. Lane maintenance by hand. You keep in shape. Push a wet bath towel spread on a board with a long handle lane, to strip the old oil off. If you could get the oil off in one pass, it would be great. That didn't ever happen. More like 4 full passes per lane. After 6 lanes, you rested. Now, one machine strips the lane and puts fresh oil in one trip up and back. All ya gotta do is move the 300lb beast from one lane to the next and stand it up. I used to. Better sense and a bad back...

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

they look like some kind of fancy air purifiers... lol  ya b"camo'd " them nice. The blend in nicely

The blend pretty well, we took a color sample to the store to match the color, but it's new paint and older paint but close enough.

He has a building in the backyard for his speakers but this is in the house, about a month ago his wife who was not crazy about the Khorns in the house at first asked, "why can't we have surround sound in the house ? " We were all shocked at her saying that, he started collecting the speakers quickly before she changed her mind, it's too late now. They were bigger than she expected but she already knew Kevin wouldn't half azz it. Very nice house. 

What kind of oil did you oil bowling lanes with back then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1