Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, dtel said:

They were just more fun to drive to me. My first car was a bug, my dad got 4-5 and a van from a friend and told me if I wanted a car make one from these. The painter from the airport painted it for me I picked Corvette blue metallic from the paint book, it later caught on fire from a loose fuel line and then painted bright yellow, don't know why ?

At 16 it was a great deal but later I went over to the 2 seaters after buying a girlfriend's dads car, he raced in SCCA and I was hooked.

Now I don't care what we have as long as it gets me where we're going, but if I had a fun car to drive it might be different. 

I still haven't lost the desire to straighten out some of our fabulous Rocky Mountain roads. My go-cart awaits the coming of Spring and the departure of the snow blower:

NECURVE.jpg

• Like 4

Got another turkey in that blasted oven, watching it like a hawk, it wants to do 350 and I want 325.

Is Dacor any good?, their 27" is less than Viking more than Thermador.

Don't know who to trust, I grew up trusting sears for appliances, even after the diehard debacle of the early 80s.

Now I trust Interstate batteries, whirl-cesspool is banned from this house after the awful gas stovetop and latest oven. LG has the laundry and refrigeration now 🤞 hope they stay good for at least a decade. Ha!

• Like 3

IMG-20181219-213318.jpg

Something for my brother, they're coming up today.  

Supposed higher Scoville rating than the regular green ja--p---s but these ripe ones are sweet like a red bell pepper, not as hot as regular ****. They're good with white sharp cheddar, probably in cornbread too.

**** and serranos done right are as far as I go with the scoville scale. Took a bite out of a tiny orange pumpkin a friend brought to me at work one day, it was on a bet, I got the $20 but needed lots of salt and it burned the next morning. Hab-free zone here!

++ We just made some quesadillas for dessert and not sure how but these are hotter than even the green with a carrot and onion slice in them!

Must have had a few duds at the top of the jar when I opened it yesterday 

Edited by JohnJ
++
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

When certain peoples demand things they get them.

There are more foreigners here than there are originals, so it makes sense I'm seeing the international aisle get bigger.

Now the raw fish and the seaweed...... they can keep that!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

There are more foreigners here than there are originals, so it makes sense I'm seeing the international aisle get bigger.

Now the raw fish and the seaweed...... they can keep that!

My sushi/seaweed remembers are from HI...

I spose you aren't keen on oysters on the half shell? those are fairly raw

tbh

cooking does not improve the flavor of a lot of things. Texture, yes.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I spose you aren't keen on oysters on the half shell? those are fairly raw

Love `em!, just can't risk those anymore.

I'll not give up red meat or caffeine, have some bourbon occasionally in small amounts (shot), chocolate sometimes too.

But since I got my new filter (liver) I had to give up raw oysters. I've only had shrimp a handful of times when I could smell it prior to steaming then prepare it myself.

I miss scallops more though.

A 20# rib roast qualifies here!!

• Like 4

I'm OK with sushi. It was learned. One does not accept hospitality. Tuna [ahi, aku, Kawa kawa] are easy. Barracuda is a little "visual". It has a decidedly green tint and Wana [2"n's" @oldtimer ?] I cannot do.  It is sea urchin. It IS green mush... I don't what it tastes like... sorry

A few drinks make sampling easier lol

• Like 3

I always loved shellfish, tried sashimi once the first was mahi-mahi that used to be cheap like that good orange roughy and I loved it.

The fish and rice stuff were alright but that darn kelp was gross and I couldn't get past it with the tuna roll-up either. Tabasco couldn't/wouldn't fix that green stuff!

• Like 3