Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm "survival trained", too.  I even get a hankering for a SpamMusubi. 

Those sashimi platters we used to get had all manner of offerings from the sea. 

Oldtimer,

I used to get "off island" once a week. Blue water fishing. It got to a point where I asked Mike if we could go for some MahiMahi or Ono. Getting tired of ahi. Of the tunas, I like the big aku best. Look like they  would pop if ya stuck 'em with a pin and ready to eat. None of that "let it rest" ...

I watch these "survival shows and tvery few of the "contestants" would go to the ocean when presented with that option.... If I had been to HI before I went to the "beach" on the OlympicPenninsula, I would prolly still be there. You could eat large from the tide pools.

• Like 4

So what is Santa bringing the CC&C boys? 

Guess I already have mine with the new to me ATI 1502 amp and the Spatial M3 speakers.  Safe to say I am happy.  Gave LF her present yesterday, double strand of pearls and peal earrings.  She was thrilled.  So I guess there will be some LL Bean colored long sleeve tee shirts under the tree and that should do it.  Jake got a red winter coat but its a little big for him.  When he lifts his leg to pee......he pees on the coat😐

So from me, LF, and Jake to you gents.....have a very Merry Christmas. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

So what is Santa bringing the CC&C boys? 

Just what I deserved, nothing. :mellow2: But it's what the wife and I agreed to many years ago, it's only for the kids. But being my wife's birthday I got her something she needed, a new broom. :lol: Hope she doesn't read this.

24 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Gave LF her present yesterday, double strand of pearls and peal earrings.  She was thrilled.

Very nice, she will make them look good. 

25 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Jake got a red winter coat but its a little big for him.  When he lifts his leg to pee......he pees on the coat😐

That's just funny.

• Haha 4

Chuck, I got some rock-n-roll from my favorite decade - 70s, that's all we do is stocking-stuffer type stuff.

The kids get the big stuff like they should. Presents this morning here then across the hwy from Clemson tomorrow with the other grandparents!

That turkey was a pain the other day to babysit in the psychotic oven but it's been good eating plus sandwiches for their trip home. That thing does not get any more $ from me. I'm done.

Her actual gift is likely to be a years worth of payments for me on a oven with a comma in the price, not ready to commit yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're in the islands for Christmas this year... first time for me. Both in laws not doing well (89 and 90).

Certainly don't need a coat, it's 87 °F right now. Flying down to another island next week... it will be a lot nicer away from the city. Will be eating local fare, of course. Usually have roast pig and all the extra veggies to go with it.

IMG_20181225_1399.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

We're in the islands for Christmas this year... first time for me. Both in laws not doing well (89 and 90).

Certainly don't need a coat, it's 87 °F right now. Flying down to another island next week... it will be a lot nicer away from the city. Will be eating local fare, of course. Usually have roast pig and all the extra veggies to go with it.

IMG_20181225_1399.jpg

Lechon! 

• Like 5