Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, was busy all day and never even looked here, about 20+ people and still too much food. Hope it's nothing too bad Dirtmudd.

Drinking coffee and a little crawfish cornbread dressing with a little ham, and full again.  

The youngest grandkid, 5 got a little electric tractor, after driving it around yesterday he went outside this morning and after about 10 minutes of driving he drove straight into a shallow pond we grow waterlilies in. He came running back to the house freaked out and completely soaking wet. It took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing, he knows everything and said the tractor drove into the pond, finally, he admitted he was not paying attention.  I know that water is cold, he was some bent out of shape but had no one to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, was busy all day and never even looked here, about 20+ people and still too much food. Hope it's nothing too bad Dirtmudd.

Drinking coffee and a little crawfish cornbread dressing with a little ham, and full again.  

The youngest grandkid, 5 got a little electric tractor, after driving it around yesterday he went outside this morning and after about 10 minutes of driving he drove straight into a shallow pond we grow waterlilies in. He came running back to the house freaked out and completely soaking wet. It took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing, he knows everything and said the tractor drove into the pond, finally, he admitted he was not paying attention.  I know that water is cold, he was some bent out of shape but had no one to blame. 

=== “ nothing floats like a Deere” — . Good he his OK —

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== “ nothing floats like a Deere” — . Good he his OK —

That's funny, he was fine just cold and imbarrased, the water is only a foot deepbut I would guess really cold. It was so funny, mostly because he knows everything. 

We keep hot peppers in pots right off the patio for color in the summer and some were orange, he insisted and argued with me that they were carrots so I told him to taste one. He bit into it and about 3 seconds later was looking for water. He still insists they are hot carrots, hard head little sucker. 

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Now I am hungry for oysters.

And your wife is saying no, no, no, worried about the side effects

12 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Do ya slather them all up w/hot sauce before ya throw 'em down? 

Either plain or with ketchup, horseradish, and lemon with hot sauce, or fried. We rarely eat them when out, just get a sack and open them ourselves

This should help.............. 

Oysters.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We survived the holiday

Still working on leftovers. Leftover prime rib .... oh, too bad.  My sister suggested making hash. lol

Y'all have me hankering for seafood now.  Not a good time to blast down to PuertoPenasco... holiday, winter..  It is our closest access to ocean.  A few hour drive. More gringo than natives.  Interesting fishing there... BIG tide swings.  If you are "surf"/beach fishing, you are constantly moving. It moves 15ft+. 

These new toy aren't fun like the stuff we got.   They let us get hurt... "That'll learn  ya, kid"

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Y'all have me hankering for seafood now.

You're not the only one, the talk and then the platter pic makes me wish!!

When I was young and my dad was still around we would go to the fresh fish market downtown after Christmas. He would have already ordered a bushel of oysters and would get a large pressure cooker from somewhere also. New Years Eve every year was a big party with his brother that lived the other side of the speedway and folks from work. Mom's younger brothers showed up with their gals too.

The only parties they ever held here and it was every year that I kinda got scolded for being up too early and being too loud on New Years Day!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sounds like me. I might get up to ring it in, maybe not. I get up about the time the parties are breaking up.

Playing with these Scalas.  I spose this is a case of , when all else fails, read the instructions.    Moved as far apart as possible and toed them in to "focus" in front of the MLP.  The angle of toe in is crazy... 45`+, prolly closer to 60`, due the room being shallow.

Opens them up. If you were sitting opposite one... it was in your face. Prob now, is the corners sticking out. One of us, prolly me, will run into one. Just 'cause I don't got no meat to buffer the blow. 

sound really nice from a lot of different seating positions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2