Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

It's all over the place I guess. After weeks of highs and lows in the fifties mostly sometimes only three degrees different it's gonna freeze @27 tonight then 23 tomorrow night. Slush called for Sat here.

Got good coffee again now, tuna tonight, have to go to the store. Two more packs of lasagna frozen that I can't thaw out yet plus two packs of ravioli in there and my fave, a Screamin' Sicilian Mambo Italiano pizza. Need to cook some chicken something or another and freeze it soon.

She can't stand to have Italian more than twice a month, I don't mind it twice a day anyday.

** too warm this winter, need a hard freeze for a month to kill all the darn bugs.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

We lost 40 degree in temps also.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Mid 70's here yesterday and upper 30's tonight.

Thanks for that Ceptorman!  Always get what you had a day later it seems.  :)  Chuck, mid 70's then 30's all toasty in bed???  Another reason I loved the South!  Now summertime?  Double ugh!  lol  TOTALLY diff story  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

On the bright side, the dark-eyed juncos (slate group) are here.  They are a joy to watch being such beautiful birds. 

we have grackles... not so much fun

51 minutes ago, babadono said:

Happens out here in the desert almost everyday year round.

every day all year...

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

She can't stand to have Italian more than twice a month, I don't mind it twice a day anyday.

my wife doesn't like spaghetti. I asked what she does not like. ...

She does not like the sauce....or the pasta

now it gets confusing....   She likes mine. It traditional style in my family.

I really don't know what to think. Maybe I should have her secretary tell me whether it is good/authentic or not. She is a professional chef.

I am thinking of offering my service as a sous chef for her when she goes to Kona over the holidays. She has folks pay her to cook for them there. Yes, they do pay her air fare, too

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Italian is way more than pasta.  Grackles are annoying when they flock---loud and messy, but at least are native birds.  Now in Honolulu, you don't see any native birds anymore.  Parakeets, pigeons, bulbuls, and ring necked doves are the majority, and it's not all that cool.  There are the seasonal golden plovers still, but less and less.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I love Italian food, but after marrying a Filipina I switched to rice for my starches. Lost weight and feel a lot healthier. Been around 148-150 for the past 10 years.

It's 76 here this morning... supposed to hit 87 today. Have to go buy some new floor tiles, a bunch popped loose and have broken. They have some crazy ideas on technique here. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4