Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 minutes ago, Marvel said:

My butt hurts!!! That flight from Narita to Detroit is soooo long. Still have Detroit to chattanooga to go.

Bruce,  I’ll try to let you down easy, but you’re not in Detroit, you’re in Romulus.  

Your box is on its way.  FedEx must be having a sale; it was $0.09 less than the earlier quote.  They asked if it’s fragile, I stole the line I saw on the forum and told the guy to mark it, “ Vintage electronics.  Please toss underhand.”

Your receipt and tracking number will be emailed shortly.  FedEx predicts a Thursday delivery.

Welcome home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think coming this direction it was about 12+ hrs. At least my wife and I are fairly small so we can move around in our seats. There was a guy across the aisle from me who was about 6 and half feet and pushich over 300 pounds.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Bruce,  I’ll try to let you down easy, but you’re not in Detroit, you’re in Romulus.  

I know that but folks would be asking where I was. Close enough to Detroit, and a pretty nice airport.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

How long was the flight from Peru?

About 3 and half movies:) and two meals.

8 and half hours non stop. Don't know about you but I'll spend an extra 100 bucks to not have to stop. At Christmas time don't know if it much matters, tickets were expensive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

About 3 and half movies:) and two meals.

8 and half hours non stop. Don't know about you but I'll spend an extra 100 bucks to not have to stop. At Christmas time don't know if it much matters, tickets were expensive.

This was about $1400 more than at other times of the year. We usually are only about $1025 each, which we can afford a bit easier.

The problem with multiple connections is when the layover is too short you can easily miss a flight. Then they get too long and you are filling time in the airport.

• Like 2

=== Detroit was my “epiphany” airport. Asked, “suggested”, I fly to Buffalo to make a presentation for an overpaid, idiot VP that was in over his head. Walking to the next terminal gates, 10pm, still a flight to Buffalo, December weather. I’m asking myself - “what the hell am I doing here? I won’t be to my hotel until 1am or so - and I Don’t Want Tao Be Here”. It was then I started making plans to retire - and did — 

• Like 2

the wife was out the door like a herd of turtles this AM..  telling her slows her down   lol

boy seemed to enjoy his first day on the job. Seems pretty casual. Told to not take it too casual. Gotta earn your keep.

I have a few things to do. A tray of my MexicanShepard'sPie and do some digging in the garden.

the food is for my friend's family. My dinner isn't a thought yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1