Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If dew point and humidity kept them from working they'd never put a floor in around here.

Yep many times we had to go back to do the coating.

Had some expensive gear in tight felt lined cases then had to run the temp, humidity and pressure maybe? through an algebraic equation (with a calculator) if it doesn't cure right it's a waste of that $300.00 a quart (more now I'm sure) Sikkens and a nightmare for the customer.

Subcontracted with a good outfit down there for a while until I "retired".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, babadono said:

@Marvel Welcome back to the good ole USA. Everything OK at the homestead?

Yes, very much so. Had friends stop by every few days to check it out.

Had an awesome time but still didn't get all the work done in the Philippines that we wanted. Next trip we will have to get back to the place we are looking to retire to. Probably rent for a year while we settle in as more native so they won't scalp us on property prices. You know, we're the rich Americans... 🙄

Bruce

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep many times we had to go back to do the coating.

Had some expensive gear in tight felt lined cases then had to run the temp, humidity and pressure maybe? through an algebraic equation (with a calculator) if it doesn't cure right it's a waste of that $300.00 a quart (more now I'm sure) Sikkens and a nightmare for the customer.

Subcontracted with a good outfit down there for a while until I "retired".

I found the highest rated company I could find to do the job.  Hopefully they know what they're doing.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You can live comfortably on $12k a year there... but that also depends on the lifestyle you want. We pretty much have no retirement, so will have to make do. It also depends on where you live.

So for say $75-$90,000 we could live pretty well?  Ocean front?  Safe?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I wouldn't think it would take much of an imagination... think 24 yr old young ladies who are only 5 ft tall (or less).

Don't think there's anything wrong with my imaginator, just trying to get you in trouble:)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Carl does nothing “less”. Only the best for our man C. Speakers, booze, etc. Someone we should all admire and look up to —. 

At least I associate with lesser people....................................................you're welcome Richie Rich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2