Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Foreigners aren't allowed to own land in the Philippines, but they van own buildings. My wife holds dual citizenship, so we should be ok. There are a lot of nice areas there and tons of expats. We are actually looking to be away from some of those areas. Looking at an area with a town of around 150k population with three universities, decent infrastructure and airport. Ferry service to Cebu ath other locations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Foreigners aren't allowed to own land in the Philippines, but they van own buildings. My wife holds dual citizenship, so we should be ok. There are a lot of nice areas there and tons of expats. We are actually looking to be away from some of those areas. Looking at an area with a town of around 150k population with three universities, decent infrastructure and airport. Ferry service to Cebu ath other locations.

So, you are moving (or have moved) there permanently?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Jeff... not yet. We have about three more years here. Still have lots of decisions and preparations to make. Downsizing a LOT...

Bruce

I hope downsizing is as good for you as it was for me.  I drastically downsized, too, and finally, I owned my stuff, instead of having my stuff own me.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, USNRET said:

any why way to extrapolate cost per sq ft? of the foam

Son in law can.  The company he works for is doing it.  He'd need to know how thick and if you're using open cell or closed cell foam.  Closed cell is almost twice as expensive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Closed cell has more benefits.....more R-value per inch of thickness, so sturdy it will help structure against wind, water resistant, but more costly.

All correct.  I'm going open cell though.  If you look strictly at R value per dollar open cell has a slight edge.  The other benefits of closed cell I really don't need.

Edit: I was just told that closed cell is about twice as expensive when comparing R value per dollar. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

All correct.  I'm going open cell though.  If you look strictly at R value per dollar open cell has a slight edge.  The other benefits of closed cell I really don't need.

Edit: I was just told that closed cell is about twice as expensive when comparing R value per dollar. 

I think around here it's more than twice the price. Both work well.

• Like 3