Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It reminds me of the aneonic chamber in Hope.  My daughter even commented the same thing.   Once the walls get up that should go away.  Right now you can shout in there and the sound just disappears.

The sound reflecting more off the walls more after drywall I would think, but it is still going to be a completely different sound. Even after it's done you will know the difference when you walk in the room.

• Like 1

The foam will make the wall assembly stiffer and more echoic. At least that's been my experience. Don't know how important one way or another that is to Cecaa in his garage. Acoustic treatment of course is still possible if wall space is available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

The foam will make the wall assembly stiffer and more echoic. At least that's been my experience. Don't know how important one way or another that is to Cecaa in his garage. Acoustic treatment of course is still possible if wall space is available.

With a lower noise floor when closed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

With a lower noise floor when closed.

It's reeeeeeeeealy quiet in there now compared to how it's been in the past.  I'm also curious as to how long it will hold its temperature.  It was mid 60s last night when a front blew threugh.  It's 53 outside now with a good wind.  Inside the garage is still 63.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I got that from a Nigerian prince.  Don't tell anyone.  I'm not declaring it on my taxes.

The entire Nigerian royalty lives in the United States.   They are the most generous individuals I know of.   Always sharing their wealth with Americans.   They are our true allies.

• Haha 2

=== haven’t done an accounting this week but believe approx $13M should have been deposited in my various accounts. And for the thread what we would like to accomplish in 2019 it would be to watch the $13M grow geometrically which with the above stated generosity should be easily accomplished. Yes, a very wealthy man I will be. And I’m feeling pretty damn good about myself —

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, richieb said:

watch the $13M grow geometrically

Be careful what you wish for.  An upside down pyramid is geometric.  Same for a downward sloping triangular ramp.   Instead hope for exponential growth, and the kind that isn't raised to a negative power.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Be careful what you wish for.  An upside down pyramid is geometric.  Same for a downward sloping triangular ramp.   Instead hope for exponential growth, and the kind that isn't raised to a negative power.

=== right you are. I was looking for exponential and settled on geometric, my bad. I’ve been so wrapped up with my sudden wealth I wasn’t thinking right. Good you put me back on the rails — 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2