Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

57 minutes ago, babadono said:

Is that code for Folsom State Penitentiary?

51 minutes ago, babadono said:

Does RichieB live in Kansas?

=== had a customer close to Folsom, saw the sign pointing there. No, didn’t stop there Or do any time there, thankfully. 

Yes, live in Kansas. Actually about a half hour from Leavenworth, Federal Penitentiary. And have spent no time there either —

And having driven by there many times, doing time there looks like no fun. Intimidating is an understatement—

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== had a customer close to Folsom, saw the sign pointing there. No, didn’t stop there Or do any time there, thankfully. 

Yes, live in Kansas. Actually about a half hour from Leavenworth, Federal Penitentiary. And have spent no time there either —

And having driven by there many times, doing time there looks like no fun. Intimidating is an understatement—

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richieb said:

You're still young my friend.

What Happens to Your Body When You Stop Drinking Coffee

Most of us can't fathom starting our day without a steaming cup of morning joe. But we — and our wallets — may be better off without it.

For consistent coffee drinkers, the first week of abstaining from coffee is miserable; it can set some people into caffeine withdrawal, which is listed as a mental health disorder in the DSM-5.

"The symptoms (of caffeine withdrawal) overlap with a lot of other disorders and medical problems," Laura Juliano, Ph.D., a psychology professor at American University who worked on the most recent DSM-5, told The Wall Street Journal."We've heard many times people went to the doctor for chronic headaches or because they thought that they had the flu and it turns out it was caffeine withdrawal and they didn't even know it."

Here's what happens the first week after quitting coffee.

1. You may become easily agitated.

Caffeine elevates the drinker's mood, as this Elite Daily video points out. So quitting can have the opposite effect and cause some people to become irritable.

2. You may experience constipation.

Coffee drinkers may feel even more ticked off when they experience constipation, another symptom of caffeine withdrawal. Since caffeine stimulates the bowels, it may take a few days for the body to adjust without it.

3. You may feel mentally fuzzy

Coffee also stimulates brain activity, so when drinkers quit, their brains may become a little foggy.

4. You may experience debilitating headaches.

headache

The worst side effect of kicking coffee may be the excruciating headaches that often follow and last anywhere from two to nine days.

Average coffee drinkers consume around 280mg of caffeine a day — equivalent to about two cups of coffee — and heavy drinkers consume about 400mg. To beat the possibility of headaches and other withdrawal symptoms, it's best for coffee drinkers to wean themselves off caffeine over the course of two weeks to a month

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

heavy drinkers consume about 400mg

So where do I fit in...

i do that first thing in the morning..

By their standard.... For heavy drinkers...

I do 1300-1600 per day... I think

But I don't make my coffee average ..

think i should switch to espresso...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Bought a Toshiba 70 pint dehumidifier and that thing is sucking buckets of water out of the air.  Ordered a 30 pint Frigidaire for upstairs.  Cleaned mold off wire closet racks today. 

And you boys think I'm not fun!

Just wish there was a convenient way for the collected water to drain. I used a portable A/C dehumidifier in my extra long single car garage and that puppy ran 24/7 and not much help at all keeping the tools from rusting. Installed a window A/C and it helped with keeping temps in check but all my stuff is still rusting away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Just wish there was a convenient way for the collected water to drain. I used a portable A/C dehumidifier in my extra long single car garage and that puppy ran 24/7 and not much help at all keeping the tools from rusting. Installed a window A/C and it helped with keeping temps in check but all my stuff is still rusting away.

You didn't keep pool chlorine out there do you?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't keep pool chlorine out there do you?

Only you rich folk have pools

but now that you mention it I did have septic tank chlorine tablets in "sealed" plastic buckets...recently changed over to chlorine bleach in the septic tank. Might have to check to see if I have any leftover septic tablet buckets in there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

If you put the dehumidifier in a convenient place, can you run a drain line outside for the water to exit? Probably not ideal, but it is easier than constantly draining it.

Most of the condensation in a garage can be alleviated by placing a plastic barrier under the slab, and it can be a great Radon gas barrier also. Some of those concrete floor coatings can help also, but they have a shortened life because of the moisture. A good coating can still last 10-15 years even with the moisture in the slab.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Only you rich folk have pools

but now that you mention it I did have septic tank chlorine tablets in "sealed" plastic buckets...recently changed over to chlorine bleach in the septic tank. Might have to check to see if I have any leftover septic tablet buckets in there.

I made the mistake of keeping "sealed" chlorine tabs in my garage once.  The rate that things rusted was incredible.  Took me a while to figure it out but it was definitely the chlorine causing it.

52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I made the mistake of keeping "sealed" chlorine tabs in my garage once.  The rate that things rusted was incredible.  Took me a while to figure it out but it was definitely the chlorine causing it.

Thanks, mine will be out today!

• Like 2