Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, windashine said:

is somebody going to place 11 ply birch plywood on the wall's, as one large speaker !

No, unfortunately it will be a small 2.1 system with two 396's and one 684.  You can actually see the wall box that has the wiring up high on the back wall for the 396 and the lower box with the wiring for the 684.  The other box is hidden by the junk in the center of the floor.

• Like 3

…. nice small 2.1 systems are great in a 400+ sq/ft working & listening venue... but surely one wouldn't paint the shaved foam lol... or put up 1/8" sheets of paneling.... so as a cable coffee cocktail voter, I nominate 7/16" OSB with the laminated radiant barrier on the back ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, windashine said:

…. nice small 2.1 systems are great in a 400+ sq/ft working & listening venue... but surely one wouldn't paint the shaved foam lol... or put up 1/8" sheets of paneling.... so as a cable coffee cocktail voter, I nominate 7/16" OSB with the laminated radiant barrier on the back ...

I'm already planning on OSB walls and ceiling but really don't see the need for the radiant barrier when using foam insulation.  I'll need around 38 sheets.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, windashine said:

…. nice small 2.1 systems are great in a 400+ sq/ft working & listening venue...

He lied, :lol: that would not be considered small in sound at least, it could fill a space 10 time the size of where it's going unless he is counting the neighborhood when the door is open ?  

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm already planning on OSB walls and ceiling

Don't blame you it's what I did because I hate drywall. A nailgun or screws would help, OSB is tough to nail into, if the nails are too small they will just bend it's pretty tough.

Are you going to paint or leave it bare wood?

Edit; it is well worth it to rent one of those contraptions used to hang drywall on a ceiling to hold it up while you nail it, they rent cheap compared to how much they help.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

He lied, :lol: that would not be considered small in sound at least, it could fill a space 10 time the size of where it's going unless he is counting the neighborhood when the door is open ?  

Don't blame you it's what I did because I hate drywall. A nailgun or screws would help, OSB is tough to nail into, if the nails are too small they will just bend it's pretty tough.

Are you going to paint or leave it bare wood?

Edit; it is well worth it to rent one of those contraptions used to hang drywall on a ceiling to hold it up while you nail it, they rent cheap compared to how much they help.

I have several nail guns but was planning on using screws.  I'll probably paint it but won't decide till I have it all up and have a good look at it.

My brother bought a drywall jack when he built his house.  He made a deal with the guy taping and floating that he would give him the jack once the job was complete.  The drywall guy lives close to him.  The jack has been pretty much just sitting there unused.  My son in law was working on his own house and asked if i knew anyone who had one.  I got him in touch with my brother and my son in law borrowed it.  He's finished with his drywall work and 2 weekends ago brought the jack over to me so I'm now good to go.  As long as you can get the OSB on the jack yourself you can hang the ceiling without another person to assist you.

• Like 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'll probably paint it but won't decide till I have it all up and have a good look at it.

I don't know how you want it to look but OSB will still very much show the wood pieces/grain through paint alot. This may not be a problem for how you want to use the room? 

We ended up putting a thin layer of drywall mud over the wood, it sticks very well, you can't knock it off with a hammer, I tried. :huh: This easily covered grain, the person who told me that also said you can mix the paint in the mudd which worked great to color it. The only problem was it still left it course like sandpaper and hard to clean so we put paint over the mudd later and this sealed it and made the texture smoother. The person who told us that the mudd would work was a lady who did it for a living. She would use mudd to texture wood and drywall walls for customers to give rooms a different look and was always busy, apparently that old stuccoed texture look was popular. We did it just to cover the grain.

The jack works great, they usually tilt almost sideways to load the drywall on which may help if you need to load the wood yourself. I only used one of those jacks one time but quickly decided I loved it, compared to using the old way of making a couple T's with 2x4's to prop it up, that take a few people to fight it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a line from the chlorine reservoir to a venture on the pump output line (second pic but does not show the line). The reservoir is not in the pump chamber but lies horizontally in the ground beside the tank. When the pump runs it sucks the bleach in to disinfect before being discharged on the lawn. Yep, that's right and I had reservations but zero smell. Prior to liquid conversion the tablets (first pic) did not work well as they did not dissolve properly, messy and EXPENSIVEImage result for aerobic septic system liquid chlorineRelated image

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Bought a Toshiba 70 pint dehumidifier and that thing is sucking buckets of water out of the air.  Ordered a 30 pint Frigidaire for upstairs.  Cleaned mold off wire closet racks today. 

And you boys think I'm not fun!

=== oh no, always knew you were a fun guy. Just didn’t think you are so old as to have developed a mold problem, that’s all. Try to be a little more active, out maneuver the mold. Sitting in front of those damn Spatial’s makes you an easy 🎯 for mold to cling to — 

• Haha 2

I was wondering the same.

used to do maintenance at a campground down here. We had to feed the septic system dry dogfood in the slow/summer to keep them goin'.

Had a nice listening session.  Visit... Unwinding now.  Need to figure something for dinner. .

@USNRET

that is a baby to the system we had at the campground. Our discharge went to a small pond. It didn't smell unless it went anaerobic. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Why am I getting a visual of you on stilts shakin up martini's n muddin???

Because it's possible?

Won't be any muddin going on with OSB though.  I'll have it fitting fairly tightly as I was planning on popping string lines to keep the panels straight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Because it's possible?

Won't be any muddin going on with OSB though.  I'll have it fitting fairly tightly as I was planning on popping string lines to keep the panels straight.

The old string popping trick huh.  Lot of you kids try that.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, babadono said:

Little late here today....chlorine in septic tanks???? Doesn't that kill the little buggers that are doing all the work?

It goes in a different part than the biggest part with the main bacteria. 

But I never liked these systems, besides being about 6x more in cost there is maintenance, 2 pumps, and chemicals. Then after it's all over it sprays it over your grass, think about your little kids playing in the grass or you walking around with no shoes on. It's probably safe but kids tend to put everything in their mouths.

Had to be designed by an engineer, let's overcomplicate it as much as possible with a not so great outcome, but it looks good on paper. 

• Like 1