Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Because it's possible?

Won't be any muddin going on with OSB though.  I'll have it fitting fairly tightly as I was planning on popping string lines to keep the panels straight.

It was not for filling cracks but to cover wood texture, what you don't have laser beams? Well, I guess it wasn't you pointed one at Tom Brady during the game ! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Because it's possible?

Working in electronics manufacturing for 38 years+ there's been quite a few times something nearly impossible happens. When I go for help or to explain I am  met with "That's impossible". And my response? If it happens it must be possible.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

It goes in a different part than the biggest part with the main bacteria. 

But I never liked these systems, besides being about 6x more in cost there is maintenance, 2 pumps, and chemicals. Then after it's all over it sprays it over your grass, think about your little kids playing in the grass or you walking around with no shoes on. It's probably safe but kids tend to put everything in their mouths.

Had to be designed by an engineer, let's overcomplicate it as much as possible with a not so great outcome, but it looks good on paper. 

don't forget it is REQUIRED by law here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babadono said:

@USNRET oh now I get it. You're recycling the water from the septic tank. Mine just gets wasted in a leach field.

Yep, difference is that yours goes underground "untreated" and mine is chlorinated as it is sprayed on top of the lawn. I had your type at my last house and it actually cost me more to maintain but that was because the contractor undersized it to begin with. I know way more about how this works than I want to....by necessity. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, USNRET said:

don't forget it is REQUIRED by law here

It is here also, started about 15 years ago. We were friends with a guy who grew Irises and other bog plants for leach fields to eat up any waste, he wanted us to grow some also he could barely keep up. But the new systems shut him down, we have to old style and don't have to change unless we sell, it may have to be changed then?

4 hours ago, babadono said:

@USNRET oh now I get it. You're recycling the water from the septic tank. Mine just gets wasted in a leach field.

Ours has a 100' field drain that goes into a 400' long+ area that is planted. One of the son in laws worked for the city water and tested the end of the planted area and the water was fine, not to drink :huh: but safe as far as Nitrogen and other waste contaminants.  Along the whole side of this 500' line there is clumping bamboo planted, it is almost 15' taller than the rest of the bamboo before where that area starts, guess it's getting constant water and food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' All

Boy came over for coffee before he went to work. Took off, leaving his phone.

When I pointed this out to the wife, she grabs her phone to call him and tell him we have his phone... lol

she needs to get up in time for more coffee..

=== I feel her pain. I’ve actually tried to find my phone while I was talking on it — . I’m old, so what —

• Like 1
  • Haha 4