Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Looks great Carl, should last a long time. It will be much easier to keep clean. You might ask them what sealer they will use, and whether a new coat every couple years will make it last longer. You could apply that yourself. I did mine about 10 years ago, and it's our everyday garage, it is holding up well. I use the best concrete sealer I have found, and apply a coat about every 3-4 years. The sealer is designed for colored/stamped concrete. Butterfield Pro Guard 350.

The only downfall is when you drop a small screw or nail 😀

I'll see if I can spot the can of poly when they apply it.   

The installer said to keep the door open today to let the fumes out but I got paranoid after seeing the neighbors cats mulling around.  I shut the door and will deal with the fumes later.  I figured that was better than paw prints in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The installer was certainly artistic.  He's been doing these type floors for 16 years and was very meticulous. 

And he knew to do it right or not at all! (the rescheduling)

Sign of a conscientious contractor and not a sheister. 

Looks good from here!

• Like 2

• Moderators
On January 16, 2019 at 11:25 AM, dtel said:

Worked on a new counter space for out by the bar. Not that a party happens alot but every time it did we ran out of space to put things. People bring food and chips and things plus stuff to make drinks and the only place to put everything was either on the bar or the other two small round tables. So I have been wanting to add extra counter space around a sink that was out there. So I moved where the sink went and added to it.

So I started on this, it's 12' across and should hold everything, plus I will add a couple extra electrical outlets so the blender and or crockpots can be used, instead of on the bar or having to set up a plastic table. 

It has a good ways to go but it's a start, it's all ground contact wood with the counter made from 2 , 2x12's with a 2x4 in between to get the depth, they were ran on the joiner to have no cracks and will be sanded smooth and covered with many coats of marine Spar varnish like the main bar. 

I-pad picture from a couple of days ago 

Looks looks great Carl, love the color.

Wish everyone was here.

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Floor looks great @CECAA850. I would love to do the same. I just don't know who I can trust out here to do it properly. This weekend was the first in a long time that it rained and I was home. So instead of outdoor chores I actually got stay in and get some indoor stuff done. Got some wire chases installed in the utility room so I can get all the 2 channel basement system wires up off the floor. That way the next time the water heaters gives it won't be a complete disaster.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

This information is on a need to know basis.

Worst case scenario I can say that it's an emergency exit from the attic.

=== not bad But - how ‘bout you’re in training to be a big, strong, fearless firefighter? Women love a man in uniform who can handle a big hose — 

• Haha 2

Spent the weekend at TAMU picking out a living space for my auto admit son wanting to be a surgeon so going Biomedical Sciences. Chose a 2/2 in the Towers. Shuttle every 5 minutes to campus and walking to the football stadium. 

Differences between UT an A&M were substantial; cost, attitude....everyone we spoke with at A&M was all about studies not so much at UT.

Hospital clean in all common lounges, I was impressed.

https://parkwestlife.com/

UT, who are you? Money?

TAMU, what is your goal?  How can we help? 

• Like 2