Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Decisions, decisions.  Two new to me beer choices from Petoskey Brewing in Petoskey, MI.   I’ll start with Juicy a New England style IPA.  Tomorrow I’ll sample Horny Monk, a Belgian style ale; seems somewhat redundant.

91AF29A0-348A-40C4-A22D-E318EE47B436.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Poor kid.

He never knew what it was like to shotgun a tall boy, sunburned on a hot day at the river.

Can opener on the bottom of the real beer can aligned opposite the side that you tore the tab off of. Or where you popped the button into the Coors!

Heck that can had weight to it when it hit the table....... poor alchie impression!

"Drink it or wear it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Poor kid.

He never knew what it was like to shotgun a tall boy, sunburned on a hot day at the river.

Can opener on the bottom of the real beer can aligned opposite the side that you tore the tab off of. Or where you popped the button into the Coors!

Heck that can had weight to it when it hit the table....... poor alchie impression!

"Drink it or wear it!"

I used a sharp pocket knife..

it was a way of life.. Not a game..

started off the morning with 12 pack.. Just to start the morning..

going to college...

• Like 3

Geeze......

We were separated at a young age!

We'd get a case of Bud when the kroger opened at 7a, pack & fire up the elephant killer, then drive past the high school.

Good thing you quit before you pickled your liver! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, babadono said:

Floor looks great @CECAA850. I would love to do the same. I just don't know who I can trust out here to do it properly. 

He did a lot of things that I wouldn't have been able to.  For example he had a machine that was filled with extremely small steel shot.  He blasted the entire floor as part of the prep then cleaned up with a huge magnet.

20190201_094538.jpg

• Like 3

I sorta slept in. 4:30.   I can safely say, "I'm glad January is over"

Drinking a blend of medium dark Kona and some light roast SouthAmerican variety.

Over the hump and the weather should be getting better. 

I have daffodils and narcissus blooming. Narcissus have an interesting fragrance.  Do ya like the smell of Stargazer lilies? Me, either. Very musty and remind me of funeral home....   Nice to look at, don't get downwind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4:30???  Yea, January is over for you.  I'll be glad when March is over here.  Sent the youngest daughter in Phoenix a pic of the snow around the house Sunday morning.  Hit her with the "I spy with my eye" line.  A minute later I get a pic of a lush green fairway.  Then another shot of Ricky Fowler 2' away from her.  Thought huh???  Then realized she was at the WPI tourney in Phoenix.  Yea, enjoy the weather and stay upwind @WillyBob!  Sucks to be me!  hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Back home about 930 last night, we got alot done at the new museum building,  going back in about a month but for a week next time. This should hopefully get it ready for visitors in April.

Had a good time working with Craig and Kevin and Jim. And Rodneys place, well it's always about the same, had about 20 people turn out Sat night.

GLAD to be home ! 

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I have daffodils and narcissus blooming. Narcissus have an interesting fragrance.  Do ya like the smell of Stargazer lilies? Me, either. Very musty and remind me of funeral home.

One of my favorites is Sweet Olive bushes/trees. Sweet olive (Osmanthus fragrans, Zones 8-10) 

It has very small flowers but a very strong smell and flowers 4-6 times a year here. it smells something like a Giardina to me, nothing to look at really but well worth having and is very tough.  The one we have closest to the house is about 15' tall and 6' wide, probably 20 years old.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel

Wasn't that Roy on the other page in the pic I mentioned? 

Or did I have a misfire?

Roy wasn't in that pic but he was there, on the right side of the table is Craig(blue shirt-black jacket), Benton (grey shirt, white hair), my wife in grey and white shirt behind Joe in the cowboy hat.

Left side is Kevin in the grey Klipsch shirt and them Rodney (blue shirt and hat) and on the other side of him is Leon, I don't know where Chief Bonehead was right then?

That white box was a birthday cake for Roy which is in a few weeks, we got it because we will not be there on his birthday. The funny part was the place that made the cake spelled the name wrong, they put Ray, all weekend long every called him Roy Ray. 

Edit; second bottle on the right, Tequila and a shot glass was for me and the wife, yes the almost empty, which was the next night,I need a break now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1