Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (thinkin about white acrylic latex caulk and some white primer tomorrow)

Nice work and nice tools.  As an ardent DIYer I must admire anyone willing to spend more on the tools for a DIY project than the cost of a new subject project.  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

He just owns stock in DeWalt, :lol: but without good tools, nothing gets done.

I've got a bunch of those yellow Dewalt tool bags in the garage with actual tools in them. When a tool-head comes around and notices them they criticize Dewalt tools unprovoked. What gives with that?

Keith

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, T2K said:

I've got a bunch of those yellow Dewalt tool bags in the garage with actual tools in them. When a tool-head comes around and notices them they criticize Dewalt tools unprovoked. What gives with that?

Keith

I've noticed a lot of Dewalt bashing lately also. I've had excellent luck with all my Dewalt tools. Some I even wanted them to fail so I could buy the newer version, but they keep going. On another of my form sites, everyone was bashing Dewalt and praising Makita. 

I work in the field and primarily see Dewalt on the jobsites. I know their newer Flexvolt stuff is superb. Iv'e noticed some very cool Dewalt offerings....a twin battery compound miter saw with a built in charger, a full size (7- 1/4") 60 volt circular saw. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dtel said:

so

lol, practicing cutting 11 ply Baltic Birch to the dimensions of a Cornwall... but that's where the plan's change... I'm going to make in inverted motorboard with a Heil AMT (Air Motion Transformer) on the top of the cabinet... curiosity shared in another technical modification thread started by @jwgorman … I started with a 1958 Stephens Cabinet I found on Craigslist for $50.... but stopped disassembling it and started on this CW1 project, I guess mainly, to eventually hear the volumetric cabinet differences, and mess around with crossovers, with a Thanks to ChrisA, using his metrics... then I'll mess with the port's and bracing, because it seems logical... then stains and veneer stuff, without ruining a real Cornwall in the meantime.... or the other thread subject, until I get this thing rolling lol.

I got the Stephens cabinet to put my '54 Klipschorn components in it, eventually... I have a LX103 and the University SAHA and an old Mid T tweeter which sound fantastic, but for the age and things I listen to, I want to save them, and change to some Crites supplies in the '54....

ahhhh, what am I doing... Drinkin now, It's Saturday lol 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's fun making sawdust.

Thank you too @dtel ,  not much of a change in direction, that is, the big horn, I've got this theory, lol, just a second (refreshment pour)… somehow I want to hear how @Tarheel can hear without a cabinet, it's interesting... (that Spatial M3) but that's where the sawdust enters the picture down here - 

• Like 1

Enjoyed a concert at Del Mar Community College by my son’s high school jazz and woodwind ensembles tonight. His last before graduation. Nice acrostics and he really enjoyed the “freedom” as each student was called upon to let her rip free style solos.

• Thanks 1