Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Kubota Tractor L Series Backhoe Sub-frame, - $125 hide this posting

That's the extra braces if you were to get the backhoe attachment to connect it. That's the series I have L2800, not too big to use around the yard but big enough to do anything I need.  It's all I use to cut the grass here and at my sisters house a couple miles away, and many other things. With attachments, it's very handy, I never got the backhoe, it cost almost as much as a tractor.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We also do a lot of lifter replacements on Hemis.  I think that there are around 10,000 of them back ordered at this point.

That the kind of thing I was thinking of. Probably looked good on paper and testing but when some things get in the real life things pop up. It's a wonder cars even work as well as they do considering how complicated they have become, it's a computer on wheels.

• Like 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, billybob said:

Must say that you are all younger than expected....:)

You mean we act older than that, well at least we don't have wheelchair races yet, but if we had them there's no telling.

But your right, I know some had birthdays we didn't realize, so Happy Birthday if we didn't know. It is a privilege to have one. 

This is the oldest I have ever been. :mellow2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

You mean we act older than that, well at least we don't have wheelchair races yet, but if we had them there's no telling.

But your right, I know some had birthdays we didn't realize, so Happy Birthday if we didn't know. It is a privilege to have one, while you can.

This is the oldest I have ever been. :mellow2:

Yes, lol, must say am  joking as aging by myself with you all. Do recall now you 60  last one, so, now we can talk about something else. Know I spoke of this before here yet, time goes faster  towards the end of a paper roll. Or so it may seem...:lol: Cheers my bothers in time...

• Like 3

• Moderators

61 now but your right time passes and you find yourself old, it's ok.

I was telling a son in law once if there is a problem they will first look at the younger guy not worrying about the old guy, we can get away with more, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

61 now but your right time passes and you find yourself old, it's ok.

I was telling a son in law once if there is a problem they will first look at the younger guy not worrying about the old guy, we can get away with more, thanks.

Your words are valid, in my mind , no doubt yet instill your experience with a future life. Your life. When life in it's form has always been in a threat to it's existence, yet we prod along brave as we are. Have not many doubts as to youth fibre in our country from my point of view.

Optomistic yet somehow guarded...BTW, you are a young man...:emotion-21:

• Like 2

Installed a new exhaust vent/light in the upstairs bath.  The new one was smaller so required some framing and drywall patching.  Damn I'm so obsessive with getting a pro like job when I'm not one.  Fiddled with the patch for the third day now.  Thought it was fairly smooth till I put the first coat of paint over it😒  Let the paint dry and a little more sanding...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yea Chuck you have to let that mud dry overnight if it is even slightly thick.

Been there and done that.... but never again. All the other contractors wherever NC, SC, or FL all feel the same and they don't have to say it out loud either.

It's "Don't worry `bout it, the painters will fix it"

Kinda like warped respect, they knew we could/would fix it especially when they cut into our allotted time. But the d!%k-fers didn't lose a bit of sleep putting it off on us!  Electricians, no maybe carpet-layers or tile guys were the worst!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Fiddled with the patch for the third day now. 

That's one of those looks easy but it's not things, I hate floating or patching drywall.

If all else fails and you have bad dreams about it make a small wooden frame to cover it and put the cover over it, it will look like you went the fancy route.

This part of the reason we textured the walls to look like the old rough stucco walls, I would still be trying to float.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, babadono said:

Oooh, ooh, me too the 15th of Feb. Yes I was almost named Valentino. So I'll be singing this come Friday

Well Happy Birthday, Valentino that would be different.:lol:  Your going to be 64, I wouldn't have thought that, have fun Friday and drag it through the whole weekend, why not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Installed a new exhaust vent/light in the upstairs bath.  The new one was smaller so required some framing and drywall patching.  Damn I'm so obsessive with getting a pro like job when I'm not one.  Fiddled with the patch for the third day now.  Thought it was fairly smooth till I put the first coat of paint over it😒  Let the paint dry and a little more sanding...........

The more you jack with it the worse it gets.  Cover everything with mud and use a DA sander to flatten it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Now your watching paint dry

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Update.  Went over and sanded then drug some more mud across the patched area.  Looked like hell so I tore it all out!  Disgusted I'm now contacting handyman services😑

http://www.gosmith.com/pro/2542442

The Raleigh Handywoman

RALEIGH, NC

About Us

I have been painting for 32 years and repairing drywall for over 20. I specialize in removing popcorn ceiling texture, repairing drywall, and interior painting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2