Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

And LF is always right!

Smart guy, you train well. :emotion-21:

Quite the collection you got going on, looks good.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel

It was Julio at the corner store that sold us the Schlitz Malt Liquor tall boys when we were all 14.

It was a different world back then!

Didn't know what real brew tasted like for a few years then had a Bud from Jax.

Schlitz was bad enough, I don't think the Malt Liquor would be drunk for taste but for effect. That Colt 45 ad was right "It works every time"

Jax, now that is about the worst tasting beer I have ever had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Smart guy, you train well. :emotion-21:

Quite the collection you got going on, looks good.

Schlitz was bad enough, I don't think the Malt Liquor would be drunk for taste but for effect. That Colt 45 ad was right "It works every time"

Jax, now that is about the worst tasting beer I have ever had.

What about Blatz, or Strohs? PBR might be a step above those two.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Speed said:

Hey now,

My dad used to drive a semi for them, hauling beer of course. I wish I had the picture! That was so cool...

Didn't say I didn't drink plenty of it, he drove the truck not the brewing part of it, can't blame him, it was very popular at one time.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

What about Blatz, or Strohs? PBR might be a step above those two.

Don't think I ever tried Blatz but most of the others. Of all of them, there were 2 I couldn't stand, Jax was brewed in New Orleans and terrible, and I can not stand regular Budweiser, still can't.

But I rarely drink beer anymore, It messed me up. I can drink Tequila, whiskey, rum any of without a problem, 3+ beers and I get loaded, more than 3 and you would be laughing at me. Don't know why I use to drink beer, alot of it.

• Like 3

College days late 60's early 70's most of my crowd drank PBR or Schlitz.  You could only get Coor's west of the Mississippi.  Someone would occasionally bring a case back from their travels.  Went to a bar in Greensboro, NC once that had 6 draft choices.......all Carling Black Label😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Beer is very filling or bloating to me.  Met a friend at an Irish Pub last week.  Had one Guinness (properly drawn) and two IPAs.  Felt like I had been to an all you can eat buffet.   Like dtel.....it's the hard stuff for me.

Totally agree with that.  I don't drink Coors Light because it's some great tasting beer, it's what I drink when there's a party going on or I'll be working outside or in the shop for a long period of time and want to have some adult beverages without getting bloated or obliterated.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

You could only get Coor's west of the Mississippi.  Someone would occasionally bring a case back from their travels. 

Before Coors was sold here my best friend wanted some really bad, so I found him a case for his birthday. He found out the next day it didn't agree with him,  he was pooping water for 2 days, it was hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Beer is very filling or bloating to me.  Met a friend at an Irish Pub last week.  Had one Guinness (properly drawn) and two IPAs.  Felt like I had been to an all you can eat buffet.   Like dtel.....it's the hard stuff for me.

That's the other thing beer does me, I feel like I'm going to pop. The other thing I hate about it is I can drink a few with no problem BUT the first time I go to the bathroom, it's every 5 minutes after that and it's almost like an emergency. It's one of the reasons I never drink it at certain places like football games or wherever a bathroom is far away, or like Mardi Gras with very few bathrooms.

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

That's cuz it's not beer.

Whatever that flavor (almost bitter) is in regular Bud is what I don't like in beer, and it tastes as they doubled it in regular Bud. If that was the only beer made I would never have a beer again.

Also, I have to stay away from draft beer,  I like it much better and it's not good for me, it gets me in trouble.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, babadono said:

Your right its a terrible way to ruin water. 

When we were young we would go with a few other couples to the local VFW/DAV right outside New Orleans. It was a large place and held hundreds of people, it was in Arabi La, about once a month a band would play and it was $20 a couple to get in. When you paid and went in they handed you a picture, it was all the draft you could drink and if you didn't like beer there were 2-liter soft drinks on each table for mixing drinks. It lasted 3-4 hours and was great fun, rough but fun. 

This was about 35 years ago and drinking and driving was a little different back then. When it was over they had a couple of policemen in the street to direct everyone out of the parking lot to avoid crashes, I guess?

Now that I think about it, it was crazy, but it was great fun and we went many times.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, babadono said:

miller sure wasn't either in that case, yuk! :emotion-41:

Elephant was big for a little while with my crowd...

When I finally decided that I could have one and not thirty of them, I found Sam Adams. In `96 in downtown Boston with a Papaginos pizza on a cracker crust ( I'm talkin' THIN).

They changed the formula within the last couple of years it's like one of those coffee-beers  with the flavor. Their Light is reminiscent of the good flavor the regular used to have.

The Octoberfest is good with brats and corned beef!

• Like 3