Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That's re-repurposed packing material.   It originally came in a box that @Budman sent me when I purchased crossovers from him.

i'm having AA withdraws 😎 mine aren't in yet

i see that drywall lift in the back ground. those things are sweet. took me 40 yrs to get one

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

2 rows done, 3 and a half to go

TIME OUT!  Got a question Carl...  Did I see an attic ladder in that ceiling?  Now's the time to throw down some board for a storage area floor up there IF you're ever gonna use the space for speaker storage...  OR why not create a lil bonus room up there while you're at it?  😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's re-repurposed packing material.   It originally came in a box that @Budman sent me when I purchased crossovers from him.

Perhaps @Budman repurposed it from when I sent him Heresy grilles.  Also, IIRC, the long lost and lamented Cornwall vault had that, or something like it, inside.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I couldn't do it by myself without it.

2 rows done, 3 and a half to go.

It's always nice when the next sheet has no extra cutouts for boxes or anything else.

When I did electrical work years ago I hated when it was the day it was time to hang fans and lights, all day. It gets to the point you can hardly hold up your arms alone much less anything else.  

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Perhaps @Budman repurposed it from when I sent him Heresy grilles.  IIRC, the long lost and lamented Cornwall vault had that, or something like it, inside.

It has been all over the country probably, just be lucky Carl didn't have to guys spray foam around it when they were doing his walls.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

TIME OUT!  Got a question Carl...  Did I see an attic ladder in that ceiling?  Now's the time to throw down some board for a storage area floor up there IF you're ever gonna use the space for speaker storage...  OR why not create a lil bonus room up there while you're at it?  😂

Already done.  I also put 2 switched lights up there and a receptacle for my antenna preamp.

Not tall enough to be anything but storage up there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's always nice when the next sheet has no extra cutouts for boxes or anything else.

I'm cutting a bunch of holes now.  You can't cheat like you can with sheetrock.  The holes need to be exactly where they belong.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

That's true,  I had a couple mistakes because I was wanting the smooth side out and laid it out wrong because of that. But I just put the piece back in if a stud was not in the way and a larger piece on the back screwing it all together, but we were floating it so it didn't matter. Haven't used OSB in a long time but at one time one side was a good bit smoother than the other.

The large plate covers fixed when it was off by a little leaving a little to much around a box= cheating, but it works. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, windashine said:

I turned 64 today... thought this was appropriate lol … 

That was funny 

Happy Birthday, hope you had a good day and did none of those things in the video. :emotion-19:   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Already done.  I also put 2 switched lights up there and a receptacle for my antenna preamp.

Not tall enough to be anything but storage up there. 

I looked at our pictures from Hope again when you said you're not tall enough.  I believe you and Tom Cruise, at 5'4" are the same height?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Carl must have done as much as he could, made a drink and fell asleep, too tired to type.

Pretty much.

Daughter and son in law surprised me yesterday afternoon.  They showed up at 2 o'clock and came over to help me.  What a difference the second set of hands makes.   You get done more than twice as much as one person in the same ammount of time.  We're going to try and finish the ceiling today.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, windashine said:

I turned 64 today... thought this was appropriate lol … 

Happy Birthday

That video is funny.  I turned 64 six years ago.  Does it state in the credits that no old people were harmed in the making of the video?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Happy Birthday

That video is funny.  I turned 64 six years ago.  Does it state in the credits that no old people were harmed in the making of the video?

this thread should be called aarp cc&c...

I have a while before 64... if I make it that far..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You guys are making me feel like a young buck at 59.....  thank you.

(now if you could just convince my aching bones)

Upcoming project:  Anyone own a Jura coffee maker?

Wife has one.  She has a gal-pal (who's part of the 1% crowd) and the gal pal was simply going to toss this $1,500 coffee maker on the trash heap.  After all, "it didn't work anymore"

Wife thought I'd be able to fix it...so her gal pal said take it home.

It simply needed a new water pump so got it taken care of.  Over the next week, I'm going to get some other parts for it (now that my wife has owned it for 5-7 years) and rebuild it.  There are wearable parts in there so I'm just going to try to refurbish the whole thing.

If you've never seen the insides of one of these goofy coffee makers (I don't drink coffee).  This sure isn't your Mothers percolator....

She's got what I believe to be one of the smaller units......but....  it was free so that was nice.

Here's a front shot and a side shot after I removed the panel.

Kind of looks like the Borg has taken it over.

Jura 1.jpg

Jura 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, dtel said:

It's rough getting old. :lol:

I don't know about that now dtel. These last 5 1/2 years have been the best years of my life. Maybe it's the contrast. Hardly at home and wore out all the time, like you and Carl hanging panels. I laugh every time I think about now and those 36 years of misery. Keep smilin'.

Keith

10 minutes ago, T2K said:

I don't know about that now dtel. These last 5 1/2 years have been the best years of my life. Maybe it's the contrast. Hardly at home and wore out all the time, like you and Carl hanging panels. I laugh every time I think about now and those 36 years of misery. Keep smilin'.

Keith

I enjoy the projects.  At work the load is more on my mind than my back.  The projects are a good contrast to what I do every day.   There's also the satisfaction of completing it.

On that note the ceiling is done! I'll start on the wall that has the garage door bolted to it next while I have the extra set of hands here.

• Like 3