Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Its been while coffee crew, trying something new today. Actually two things, the French press and bulletproof coffee.

My steam whistle is going off, so i will report back shortly.

Wow is that Sancho?8d64ed23ae9ed1c07abcf5c84a4c17e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Bulletproof coffee is a keto friendly coffee for those who like cream and sugar. The butter is supposed to make your coffee creamy. I am a fan of cream and sugar nor am i on a keto diet. My wife is looking at other alternatives for various reason, so we thought we would give it a try. The Octane oil isn't necessary and can be supplemented with coconut oil. I am going to try the French press coffee on its on first, then the bulletproof coffee. Going to fix breakfast and will report back.20190303_091309.thumb.jpeg.774431e9e634177118e9b05b8db7d5df.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The Octane oil is necessary and can be supplemented with coconut oil.

That dark roast plus the oil... you zooming yet?

Had a friend with a `67 442 that he put pop-tops in, when he dialed it up we had to go to the airport to get gas for it.

Manual methods make my med roast keep the oils and have a better than drip kick to them.

That sounds similar to the thc stuff that is being marketed. I'm not knockin' what you're doing I use some supplements too, it is interesting.

Hope it's good!

• Like 1

I meant to say the Octane oil isn't necessary.

I didn't add as much as recommended as i didn't want to feel the zoom zoom. I heard that dark roast doesn't have as high of a caffeine content as lighter roast. Maybe you guys covered that somewhere in the 50k plus post. Couple notes, i noticed that the French press coffee doesn't stay as hot as long. That being said, your bulletproof coffee will start to separate from the butter and as it gets cold, its not as tasty. I still don't how i feel about the bulletproof coffee as it is like a latte. Not bad and tolerable, i will drink it again just not daily. Only one cup is recommended as its higher in fat and the Octane boost really revs things up. Definitely going to be my drink at the lake this summer.

Now to find a carafe and a press for the lake.

If anyone is using a French press, any tips would be appreciated.

• Like 2

I use something similar at times. Tedious but it helps, pre heat the press with hot water. Waste not, want not in mind re-use that hot water to.... preheat a glass interior thermal carafe. Those stages with my manual, I steep in the brewer right after I dump the preheat water into the carafe. Use the wasted hot water to water the plants later when it cools off! Oh and press slowly!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If anyone is using a French press, any tips would be appreciated.

We do from time to time.  One thing is not to grind too fine.  Another is not to rush the press.

Done in the garage for this weekend.   I have a couple of other things I need to tinker with today.  Only 2 walls left.

20190303_113141.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We do from time to time.  One thing is not to grind too fine.  Another is not to rush the press.

Done in the garage for this weekend.   I have a couple of other things I need to tinker with today.  Only 2 walls left.

20190303_113141.jpg

Will you paint or any treatment on the walls?

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Coming together nicely @CECAA850

Too nice for just a garage!

He has a nice sound system going in there.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Will you paint or any treatment on the walls?

He has a nice sound system going in there.

Oh Yeah Man, I've seen evidence (images) of his collection here and there, besides what the signature says!

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome back, I asked on here just last week where you might have gone.

I told him we were asking and talking about him just recently, your like psychic Ceptorman. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

bulletproof coffee

Tried it and it is good, also look into MCT oil to add to coffee or anything, no flavor at all. I quit keto, no matter what I did I could not get into ketosis so going to go back to my other diet, Kevin here on the forum lost over 60 pounds and feels great with keto. I switched to Truvia a couple of years ago instead of sugar, good taste compared to some of the other sweeteners.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Done in the garage for this weekend. 

Looks good, the floor is still my favorite part, for looks anyway.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Was thinking 3 greys in the same palette.

That should look good. 

Years ago a neighbor friend put up a metal building in his yard, about 30x 40 and did it in two shade of grey. Darker for the metal and lighter with the trim, it looks really nice and for a good size metal building it kind of disappears, well the colors don't draw your eye toward it at least, it kinds of just blends in when you look at his yard. I am going to steal his color idea.

• Like 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Gotcha.  Will have a tv, stereo and ac.  Not much need to go in the house anymore. 

You left out one important thing, the wives car, you have to take care of the better half.

• Like 3