Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Forgot about the fridge out there.   Will need to go in the house for the plumbing.

I've seen a cool setup for a urinal and a small 30 gallon septic tank and 1 finger off the tank. Women don't like it!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I've seen a cool setup for a urinal and a small 30 gallon septic tank and 1 finger off the tank. Women don't like it!

Or out into the yard/garden, kind of like the open window idea but without the neighbors watching.:o It's a little tougher for women unless you put it the right height where they can face the other way and sit on it. :emotion-55: Try selling that idea to the wife. :lol:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

I meant to say the Octane oil isn't necessary.

I didn't add as much as recommended as i didn't want to feel the zoom zoom. I heard that dark roast doesn't have as high of a caffeine content as lighter roast. Maybe you guys covered that somewhere in the 50k plus post. Couple notes, i noticed that the French press coffee doesn't stay as hot as long. That being said, your bulletproof coffee will start to separate from the butter and as it gets cold, its not as tasty. I still don't how i feel about the bulletproof coffee as it is like a latte. Not bad and tolerable, i will drink it again just not daily. Only one cup is recommended as its higher in fat and the Octane boost really revs things up. Definitely going to be my drink at the lake this summer.

Now to find a carafe and a press for the lake.

If anyone is using a French press, any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!  Long time NO VISIT !!    Duder, that would have been me.......lighter roasts retain more caffeine for sure 🍷 

• Like 4

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hello everyone!  Long time NO VISIT !!    Duder, that would have been me.......lighter roasts retain more caffeine for sure 🍷 

Someone mentioned you the other day, they were talking about pipe organs when your name came up. Good to hear from you, probably been busy with the deep freeze lately.

I heard lighter coffee has more caffeine, it that a lighter roast or a weaker brew? Heard the same about tea, if it's the brew that's good news for me I like both strong and don't need more caffeine.

• Like 1

In all this time we have really neglected the side kick to coffee.  Donots or doughnuts for you spell checkers.  Not a part of my daily routine but yesterday I went to a place called Donot Inn and after my sandwich I had a sour cream donot.  Yum!

Surely some of you former cops can expand on this subject😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hold it right there!

I have to stay away from that sugary stuff. My belly has been over my 501s for too long and that's just with the normal food.

And we only eat out once a month or so.

It's bad since Amilie's built a shop near us, their croissants are just perfect texture and taste wise. Don't know how they can do it `cause you can't even buy real bread anymore since "they" perverted the shortening. The food is good, the spinach-leek-potato soup.... gotta try it with a sandwich if you are ever near one of these restaurants. 

Their itty bitty macroons.... bet they have two eggs in each one! Ever heard the phrase "melt in your mouth"? That's what the pastries and cake frosting are like there.

I'm partial to the Greek pastries but the other euuw people make some good stuff!

• Like 2

Got an estimate for sealing my crawl space including access door, dehumidifier, and wall to wall fabric.  $5600 plus they recommended new floor insulation.  Then an electrician to run a dedicated line to the unit. Brick mason to brick in the vents (11).  All total.....enough for a new sound system.  Moisture content of floor joist was 18%.  6 or 7 is normal.  $$$$$$............

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Got an estimate for sealing my crawl space including access door, dehumidifier, and wall to wall fabric.  $5600 plus they recommended new floor insulation.  Then an electrician to run a dedicated line to the unit. Brick mason to brick in the vents (11).  All total.....enough for a new sound system.  Moisture content of floor joist was 18%.  6 or 7 is normal.  $$$$$$............

Are you having a problem or looking to be more energy efficient? 

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Got an estimate for sealing my crawl space including access door, dehumidifier, and wall to wall fabric

… o O (is the word - sump pump - anywhere in that estimate ???) …. remember that picture of the Hope Museum Basement.... 

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Are you having a problem or looking to be more energy efficient? 

Air quality , mold and moisture content of wood structure. Here in the humid south hot air seeks cold and travels through air leakage to the crawl space. A normal air leaking house will exchange all air in the house in an hour.  It pulls air from many sources including the crawl space.  A stack effect, mold and air are pulled up through the house all the way to the attic.

So the remedy is to eliminate the water source, stop air leakage by encapsulating the walls and floors with a heavy duty 10 mil material, and then condition the air.

Energy efficiency, while not a priority, is a side benefit.

10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

That's a pretty good price, that's a lot of work. That's a sealed and air tight crawl space system. There are two theories about crawl spaces, and the new trend is to seal them up. I'm in the "old school" camp, I want my crawl to breathe. The sealed system works, as long as no moisture comes in, that's why they want to install the dehumidifier. There is also gas concerns like Radon, that's why I don't like the sealed systems. You might mention a Radon air pump.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Bill.  One thing mentioned in the book I'm reading is that you can never control moisture in the soil of a dirt crawl space.  By letting the crawl space breathe you're actually exacerbating the problem by introducing more humid to the equation. The flimsy 6 mil plastic that building code officials allow you to use to off set vent requirements breaks down in time.

Advance Energy did a study/experiment in a new neighborhood near Raleigh where houses built on one side of the street had conventional vented crawl spaces and the other side had sealed.  They came back after 6 and 12 months to monitor and the sealed units had less moisture and better air quality.

Because of our soil conditions and lack of rock formations Radon is not a problem here,

• Like 3

The illustration of air flow in your link is what I believe happens.  That material shown for sealing is what I will be getting.  My guys will also foam the air leaks at the sill plate.  The only air pulled up from the crawl space should be clean and dehumidified......or at least that is the goal.

• Like 2