Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I can sit in on my yard swing and wave to the cows grazing the "shoulders" of our streets..... and have my coffee at the same time.

while my back was buggered, I caught a bug. My back pain masked it. Didn't know until I went "to sleep" for 16hrs. Only to get up for toilet. The fever broke and I sweated thru an inch thick terrycloth robe and all the bedding. 

I know... who would have noticed whether I made the BR or not with the bed being that damp/wet.

thus is my life

Feeling better, except for the back. It a permanent condition

1 hour ago, windashine said:

I like coffee… but what I really like... is driving in the country, and waving at the occasional cow, who inadvertently looks my way, while grazing...

So....are you saying that cow was......outstanding, in his field?

• Haha 2

I actually feel good this AM.  Might have something to do with not needing a fire last night. That will last one day. But, it's a start. Won't be, but, a couple weeks before we can get by with a "flash fire" [a couple gallon of twigs] in the AM to take the edge off.

Yesterday's coffee even tastes OK. Going to GreenValley today. Shouldn't get into too much trouble at the hardware store. It's the grocery that I have trouble...and I need to go there, also

The more I read, the more I like my "budget" stereo. Lots of folk spend many more $$$ for similar performance.

Can't help wonder how much it would cost for an appreciably better amp .... and would I be able to tell the dif, beside my wallet being thinner. Just curious. Not really considering spending. What I have is better than what I imagined... especially for the money I spent. $1500 is nothing, compared to what most of you have wrapped up in gear.

• Like 4

On 3/7/2019 at 6:48 AM, WillyBob said:

compared to what most of you have wrapped up in gear

… o O (when I finish my Cornwall Project … )

1. I plan to cut up my workbench top, and make a speaker like @Tarheel's
  2.  actually stop in every liquor store I pass, and look for a reserve bottle of Woody Creek
  3. find a maid 
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (when I finish my Cornwall Project … )

1. I pan to cut up my workbench top, and make a speaker like @Tarheel's
  2.  actually stop in every liquor store I pass, and look for a reserve bottle of Woody Creek
  3. find a maid 

I was thinkin' that maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby for her to stay
Just someone to keep my house clean
Fix my meals and go away

A maid, a man needs a maid
A maid

• Like 3

8 hours ago, windashine said:

actually stop in every liquor store I pass, and look for a reserve bottle of Woody Creek

Good luck.  The liquor store that I buy the regular Woody Creek from can't get it.  If you find some, buy 2 and I'll pay you for it plus shipping, of course.

• Like 1