Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, USNRET said:

Saturday

Home alone......with a cocktail

look  listen at  to her

This was recorded here in St. Louis. 50th anniversary party for KSHE 95 great rock radio station, stays true to the classics.

People are still talking about this girls performance. Most didn't know what to think other than "how cool was that"!

Thanks for sharing, I had only heard about it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Back home tonight, we got alot done but not everything we planned so going back in a few weeks. One thing we did get done was hanging some 600's, two cabinets because we left off the third sub box because there will be a sub on the floor between them. 

We used a chainfall to the ceiling trusses to lift them and drove a lift under them to get them into place. This all took some time, 1/2 a day to just hang the rigging and another half to hang the speakers. The ceiling is somewhere between 20'-25' tall, it's 17' just to the top of the windows. 

It does look good, can't wait to hear them, they are hanging a little over 7' off the ground

One pic is moving one speaker into place, the other is both hanging from the other side of the room. Me driving lift and Roy directing me, by the inch at times.:o

speakers (1).jpg

speakers (2).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Back home tonight, we got alot done but not everything we planned so going back in a few weeks. One thing we did get done was hanging some 600's, two cabinets because we left off the third sub box because there will be a sub on the floor between them. 

We used a chainfall to the ceiling trusses to lift them and drove a lift under them to get them into place. This all took some time, 1/2 a day to just hang the rigging and another half to hang the speakers. The ceiling is somewhere between 20'-25' tall, it's 17' just to the top of the windows. 

It does look good, can't wait to hear them, they are hanging a little over 7' off the ground

One pic is moving one speaker into place, the other is both hanging from the other side of the room. Me driving lift and Roy directing me, by the inch at times.:o

speakers (1).jpg

speakers (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well, I have 20 more sheets of drywall to hang today, so I need to finish up this coffee and get a move on. 

I finished hanging up the last of 36 sheets of OSB yesterday.  Glad that part of the project is over.

• Like 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I finished hanging up the last of 36 sheets of OSB yesterday.

That sounds like NO fun at all, I would guess OSB is heavier than plywood, well it feels like it anyway, MDF is positively heavier.

Probably much more expensive than when I got it 20+ years ago for $3.99 a sheet for 1/2" or 5/8" I can't remember which.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

Probably much more expensive than when I got it 20+ years ago for $3.99 a sheet for 1/2" or 5/8" I can't remember which.

Half inch was about $8.30/sheet I believe.  46 lb/sheet but 46 lb has a lot more gravity now days than it used to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

46 lb/sheet but 46 lb has a lot more gravity now days than it used to.

YES it positively does. :sad:

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yep, compared to when I could press 220# five reps of ten, feels different to me too!

I can still press 262............when I fall and have to push my butt back up, and it's slow and hurts a little and I tend to make a few noises. :blush2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators

Tried some moonshine last week, Pineapple, Peach, Strawberry, and cherry. To me, the peach was the best but they were all really good, especially after a few rounds of each around the table.

But they didn't have a fancy label, none really just mason jars, Arkansas style.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

sounds like tequila. After the first 2 or 3, it starts to taste good. lol

Chuck. Looks cold 

Work commences on our "cabin" as the wife's  aunt so politely called this place.. tomorrow.   Hope to some real improvements after this cosmetic crapola. I would love to get the kitchen and bath finished.  I have cookware that hasn't seen light of day in 7 years.  And dishes. You would think we don't have.  I have 2 generations of cookware and dishes. A set of Lennox in IN, still.

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Work commences on our "cabin"

Nothing wrong with a cabin, we have a barn. :laugh: It started out as a pole barn and we changed plans halfway through, it's not too cold or hot and it does not rain in. :emotion-21:

• Like 3

They must have been the genuine article. Was taught down here to chase shine with a beer. Tasted liked the way to do it. Like to know my contributors, best found out was Alabama, and Tennessee, with some Florida thrown in...good stuff baby...made me wonder if Grannie was right. Think so cause Jethro was in space...farm out...

Edit: A couple or 3 or four swallows and, I was no fittin' for the road although, I somehow found it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

They must have been the genuine article. Was taught down here to chase shine with a beer.

These were very flavorful, if anything too sweet, I said you could put it on a snowball. The clear is very smooth also, no need to drink anything after tasting, very smooth and that can be a problem if you don't control yourself.

It kind of reminds me of Carl's martinis, all alcohol but the taste can fool you into not realizing how strong they can be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

These were very flavorful, if anything too sweet, I said you could put it on a snowball. The clear is very smooth also, no need to drink anything after tasting, very smooth and that can be a problem if you don't control yourself.

It kind of reminds me of Carl's martinis, all alcohol but the taste can fool you into not realizing how strong they can be.

From what have heard, can almost feel. A snow ball effect could be be dangerous if travelling alone. Joking of course yet, yes control and not letting friends or not drive...double vision...for real.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A "cabin" is a step in the right direction. There was an 8 X 24 travel trailer in the middle of the place. I reduced it to being the "floor in the bedroom". And, yeah. it does look like a cabin. It all wood. Redwood on the walls. Wood/bamboo floors. Fireplace for heat. Cabin, it is. Still rough, though.

• Like 5