Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I have to admit to looking in on it.

I am still gaining appreciation for these LS.  I was "deprived" of working thru a half dozen set of speakers to get to where I am. I can't say I wouldn't like to have a bass to 20hz..

But that horn would rather imposing. I been following the super MWM thread, too

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

I was "deprived" of working thru a half dozen set of speakers to get to where I am.

What you did is really the smart way, and cheaper.

Find or ask around for some inexpensive DIY sub plans, it will make your LaScalas be truly full range.

49 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You are a lucky man.....

I was in Hope for a week so I may have missed it, how was your trip?

• Like 4

Geeze........ When is the sun ever going to come up??

Ok It's light out there! Been in here fighting with f'n win10. This room has navy nearly blackout type curtains in it.

After the pc rebuild my rig would not go to sleep, spent time troubleshooting and it was the new RX590 graphics card.... a "refresh" of an older gpu chip that was way newer than what I had...

Sent that sucker back and the primo cards were set at a very nice price `cause they are the old ones now.

Now I didn't set out to, and I don't care for bling...... but I've ended up with it twice now. The mags on the new car and my pc.. I was able to adjust it to turn off the lightshow when it's asleep and be just plain ATI/AMD (DAAMIT) red though. Here's what it's like angled out from the desk    (bows head & shakes side to side smiley)

Not going to use the watercooler for the cpu again I think, not after the Corsair cost me hundreds in the rebuild.

Anybody interested in a new factory sealed Corsair H115i Extreme Liquid CPU Cooling System?

IMG-20190311-135242.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Geeze........ When is the sun ever going to come up??

Ok It's light out there! Been in here fighting with f'n win10. This room has navy nearly blackout type curtains in it.

After the pc rebuild my rig would not go to sleep, spent time troubleshooting and it was the new RX590 graphics card.... a "refresh" of an older gpu chip that was way newer than what I had...

Sent that sucker back and the primo cards were set at a very nice price `cause they are the old ones now.

Now I didn't set out to, and I don't care for bling...... but I've ended up with it twice now. The mags on the new car and my pc.. I was able to adjust it to turn off the lightshow when it's asleep and be just plain ATI/AMD (DAAMIT) red though. Here's what it's like angled out from the desk    (bows head & shakes side to side smiley)

Not going to use the watercooler for the cpu again I think, not after the Corsair cost me hundreds in the rebuild.

Anybody interested in a new factory sealed Corsair H115i Extreme Liquid CPU Cooling System?

IMG-20190311-135242.jpg

with that set up.... it looks like the sun...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Man... I love what that guy does with the Yes youtubes!

Up at 5:30, back to almost normal for me and dark outside. 

Decade after decade..... DST messes with me every time for a couple weeks!

dst sucks...

https://www.bustle.com/articles/120870-6-valid-reasons-daylight-saving-time-should-go-away-forever

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well Mike as an exDrunk I'll explain it to ya!

There is one magical night in the spring (NOPE, October) when you get an EXTRA HOUR !! before last call.

But the way I hear it they can cut you off any time for anything now-a-days!

Haven't dropped a hundred bucks every night four night a week out clubbin' since the 1980s.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Well Mike as an exDrunk I'll explain it to ya!

There is one magical night in the spring when you get an EXTRA HOUR !! before last call.

But the way I hear it they can cut you off any time for anything now-a-days!

Haven't dropped a hundred bucks every night four night a week out clubbin' since the 1980s.

Don't you have that backwards?  In the fall, when switching to standard time, 0200 becomes 0100, giving you that magic EXTRA HOUR!

Therefore, you are cut off.  AGAIN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Don't you have that backwards?  In the fall, when switching to standard time, 0200 becomes 0100, giving you that magic EXTRA HOUR!

Therefore, you are cut off.  AGAIN!

Dang, your right. Think I must have pickled more than just my liver, it's been a long time and it was usually cold when coming home or wherever after all that!

• Haha 3

=== I’m not in position to doubt the effects of DST time change on others but for me that one hour time shift has zero effect. And for it to linger for days? It’s only an hour — .I personally don’t get it but everyone is effected in their own way —. 

• Haha 1