Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== I’m not in position to doubt the effects of DST time change on others but for me that one hour time shift has zero effect. And for it to linger for days? It’s only an hour — .I personally don’t get it but everyone is effected in their own way —. 

Wouldn't bother me either if I didn't have a job to get out of bed for 5 days a week.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well Mike as an exDrunk I'll explain it to ya!

There is one magical night in the spring (NOPE, October) when you get an EXTRA HOUR !! before last call.

Congratulations, and it's a good thing you were not living in New Orleans, there are no last calls, only sunrises, and sunsets, to separate days. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Wouldn't bother me either if I didn't have a job to get out of bed for 5 days a week.

Your right, they could change it from Friday to Saturday and it wouldn't make any difference to me, the hour thing is more aggravating. 

2 hours ago, richieb said:

.I personally don’t get it but everyone is effected in their own way —. 

These days that can be said in 1000 different situations at least.

Its difficult to explain to a 5 year old why they're having to go to bed and the sun is still out.   Of course, its difficult to get him to go to bed anyway.

I like DST and wouldn't have a problem keeping it forwarded.  That extra hour of light keeps me busy and possibly 10 lbs lighter in the long run.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'd get a clear bra first. 

Never seen one of those, even on cars.

Edit; But after looking them up it looks like a much better idea over the old style black ugly ones.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never seen one of those, even on cars.

Yes you have.  That's the nice part.  They protect but aren't obvious.  The car I've brought to Hope the last 4 years or so has one.  You've probably seen a bunch of them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes you have.  That's the nice part.  They protect but aren't obvious.  The car I've brought to Hope the last 4 years or so has one.  You've probably seen a bunch of them. 

=== no, they didn’t see it. That’s the idea —. Have it on all my cars —

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== so this one hour change effected your entire work week? In what way? Less time to post on the Forum while at work ?

Let's see if I can explain it in a manner that you can grasp.  Pretend that you get up at 5:30 every morning and go to bed roughly the same time every night.  Your body's internal clock is programmed to these times.  Once a year you have to change your wake-up time to 4:30 for some random reason.  It takes  week or so for your body to adjust.

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Pretend that you get up at 5:30

Well, I must be going fishing in that case, my clock is shut off anyway. But it is still against my wishes still connected to my brain, no matter what time I go to sleep I wake up 8 hours later, can't seem to change it. 

52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's see if I can explain it in a manner that you can grasp.  Pretend that you get up at 5:30 every morning and go to bed roughly the same time every night.  Your body's internal clock is programmed to these times.  Once a year you have to change your wake-up time to 4:30 for some random reason.  It takes  week or so for your body to adjust.

=== that’s a reach, not a grasp for me. 

How’s ‘bout this - fly to Germany on a Sunday, 7 hour time difference. Work until Thursday, fly back Saturday. Now - you’ve got something —