Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

When they say "Don't drink the water", don't forget about the ice.

I'm a "simple man"... We would eat off the taco wagons and thoroughly enjoy it, when we went to PuertoPenasco.  Ya gotta like the soda... Real sugar. No HFCS.. 

The German's did better teaching Mexicans to make beer than the Hawaiians.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

When they say "Don't drink the water", don't forget about the ice.

I'm a "simple man"... We would eat off the taco wagons and thoroughly enjoy it, when we went to PuertoPenasco.  Ya gotta like the soda... Real sugar. No HFCS.. 

The German's did better teaching Mexicans to make beer than the Hawaiians.

I know no ice.... I gambled 😂 and lost. Tacos were solid, but no better than what I get here.  I work in East LA.   Tacos are a staple in this neighborhood. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I was on my honeymoon. Went to Puerto Vallarta.   Good times.   Back to work 😔. Thanks for the congrats. 

Congratulations Chris!

I guess she can dig your audio hobby also! :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I was on my honeymoon. Went to Puerto Vallarta.   Good times.   Back to work 😔. Thanks for the congrats. 

Does this mean that you are selling your stereo?  

tbh

My wife actually likes my big black Scalas.  That's good. I would hate to have to make a choice HaHaHa

congrats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Does this mean that you are selling your stereo?  

tbh

My wife actually likes my big black Scalas.  That's good. I would hate to have to make a choice HaHaHa

congrats.

I bought me a new car, so I'll be selling one set of speakers (outdoor setup).   Indoor setup I will be upgrading, not getting rid of whatsoever👍

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Morning news just to keep up with what is changing. again

Eggs are bad for you, again.

Low dose aspirin every day is now not a good idea anymore says the  American Heart Association. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/don-apos-t-aspirin-day-112117992.html

And the scary part for me, I woke up at 7:30 am for no reason and couldn't go back to sleep, not normal. :mellow2:

You were thinking about connolis

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Wife and I

Does it feel funny saying, wife.  :smile:

What is that picture? I love swimming and snorkeling in the Carribean but don't think I would do it at night when I can't see what's there or especially at night with lights. I have seen enough large fish snorkeling, which is not as bad because I can see them, but in the dark, they can see me but I can't see them. Not that it really matters I guess, if a Baracuda decides to attack you there is nothing you can do anyway. 

• Like 3

& I'm ticked..... had to go to the Publix 5 mi north for decent produce (the store, different name in the middle of the 10k sq ft mansions & Lambos a mile away just has crappy sometimes rotten onions, green bananas, $3 stalks of celery) they can keep it.

So I get the good stuff priced right then go to their bakery where I've been able to get canollis without the d*mn chocolate chips in it for three years.... no more! Past couple of months there is always chips in it. To buy the empty shells costs the same. (red faced smiley with steam coming off my head)

Was it just that particular Italian family I was a part of for a while that doesn't like choc chips in the cream?

`Cause that is my way now too!

I still like the guts with the plain cream, cocoa powder on top of the whip cream that's on top.

The canolli cream is easy to make but the shells... might have to pay for them:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& I'm ticked..... had to go to the Publix 5 mi north for decent produce (the store, different name in the middle of the 10k sq ft mansions & Lambos a mile away just has crappy sometimes rotten onions, green bananas, $3 stalks of celery) they can keep it.

So I get the good stuff priced right then go to their bakery where I've been able to get canollis without the d*mn chocolate chips in it for three years.... no more! Past couple of months there is always chips in it. To buy the empty shells costs the same. (red faced smiley with steam coming off my head)

Was it just that particular Italian family I was a part of for a while that doesn't like choc chips in the cream?

`Cause that is my way now too!

I still like the guts with the plain cream, cocoa powder on top of the whip cream that's on top.

The canolli cream is easy to make but the shells... might have to pay for them:(

I'm going to send you some..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm going to send you some..

😲

Might find `em if I looked around, but that would be appreciated!

We've had Greek food supply stores for ever here, got to be Italian somewhere.

There are mexi stores on every corner, they're the most prevalent species here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I was up in Elkhart, we stopped at a popular local/homestyle taco stand/restaurant...

It was very good. The salsa was great. Both red and green. I had pulled beef tacos. The tortilla barely wrapped the meat. $1.50 ea. I had to force the 3rd one down.  

I actually feel good this AM. Had to look in the mirror to make sure I am still here...

Warm weather agrees with me. I've been getting a lot of "golf" in. Take my one club... a #5Whip Sickle.  Played a quick 9 before dark, last night

Weeds got big... fast.  Thing are starting to come into bloom. It's working its way up the hill. Around Phoenix now.

this kind of weather scares me a little. I know we are going to see a ton of bee swarms.  They are all Africanized. I have a few outbuildings that I could see as good place for bees to settle.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

When I was up in Elkhart, we stopped at a popular local/homestyle taco stand/restaurant...

It was very good. The salsa was great. Both red and green. I had pulled beef tacos. The tortilla barely wrapped the meat. $1.50 ea. I had to force the 3rd one down.  

Do you remember the name of the place, or where it was at?  I'd like to check it out....

• Like 3

fire season comes right after bee attack season... It all turns brown.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Do you remember the name of the place, or where it was at?  I'd like to check it out....

I'll have to ask my sister/s. It's out toward Goshen.  I wanna say it's called Ricky's..

My memory isn't as bad as I thought

c/p no affiliation

Ricky's Taqueria

$Mexican restaurant
Pint-sized, no-frills taqueria dispensing Mexican staples, including tacos, burritos & quesadillas.

Address: 57995 Co Rd 9, Elkhart, IN

the red salsa is mild. Green has some bite
  • Like 2

it gets crowded. 3 booths indoors. A couple picnic tables outside.  Worth it.  The waitress we had was cute, too. 

Maybe it just me. I think most women are cute.

Always tell the wife, if I stop looking, I have lost interest... then, what good am I?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1