Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Bout slushie time huh Carl?  I may do a pearl olive with my blue cheese stuffed olive.....alternate on the tooth pick.

Getting close.  Ran over to Houston and picked up my car this morning.   Had a couple tweaks done to it.  Been working in the yard ever since.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

what are they going to do... with 1.6 inches..

Franklin Sensors ProSensor 1.6-inch Scan Depth Stud Finder

2 hours ago, babadono said:

That's why they're bad at math, Carl keeps telling them its 6 inches.

Why does it always come down to this for no reason? :blush2:

Everybody knows women today only care about the size of your wallet. 

• Haha 1

Thrifty or cheap?

Is repairing a pair of headphones that cost less than $2 being thrifty or just plain cheap?   Whenever I make a substantial purchase from Parts Expess, I throw in a few pairs of the least expensive (cheapest) headphones they offer.  Sometimes it gets the order into “free shipping” territory—another homage to Silas Marner and Scrooge.

I recommend the practice wholeheartedly.  While not hi-fi by any definition, they’re handy for listening to such things as audio books, YouTube videos, etc., when not disturbing others trumps sound quality.  There’s always a pair in the consoles of the cars, at bedside and near my Archie Bunker chair.  This morning I stepped on the pair by the chair.  A little shrink-tubing and the heat gun repaired them.  Is it crazy to expend any effort and resources to fix throwaway headphones?

The side closest to the heat gun was repaired.  Smaller diameter white tubing was stretched over the broken plastic and metal junction, then shrunken to hold things together.  Larger diameter black tubing was then shrunken over that.  A bit of the White is still visible.

I wonder what the warranty is on these things.  I’ll call PE to find out. 😏

4EA9BFB2-85FE-4646-9372-F88468D9486A.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Now I know why they're called slushies!

It does look cold!

Very cold, being my first normal martini was from Carl a couple of years ago, I had no idea how cold. It looks foggy because there are hundreds of tiny pieces of ice in it and it lasts for a while like that. This was after a few minutes and drinking a little of it, it didn't taste anything as I expected, much milder considering what's in it.  They could be dangerous.

pilgrimage_2017-001_(97).JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2