Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Carl's magic must be the shaker. 

That's not ronco, it's the real mc coy!

I needed to start practicing again in preparation for Hope next month.  I also tried out a different potato vodka on that one.  It didn't make the cut.  I'll probably use the rest of the bottle for vodka tonics.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Wrong vodka:)

smirnoff was the only one back in the early 80s when I tried it, like Jack-Black was the only whiskey.

When the peer pressure bullya disappeared for me it was the 101 Turkey for a long time.

It was Bacardi for me for the only clear one besides Everclear. Tequila was clear sometimes, but that's not alcohol that s*@t is a drug!

Wodka, Gin, most Scotch never had the palate for, never liked pickled beets either! 

We were hard-core around here in that era, I took it to the hilt for the wrong (is there a right?) reason and it just about killed me.

All in the past, just a shot of Four Roses Single Barrel infrequently.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I rarely drink, in the last year or two except for sometimes at Rodney's, there a bad influence it seems.

A couple of weeks ago when we were there I was playing with Rodney's blood pressure machine and after trying it 3 times it said my bp was VERY high. Joe the old guy with the white cowboy hat said here drink this quickly and poured me a few ounces of what he drinks, Devils Cut bourbon so I did and was told wait about 10 minutes and check your bp again. It went down a little so he repeated his prescription.  Well, my bp only went down slightly but after about 30 minutes I didn't care anymore. 

If he was my doctor I might have a serious problem.

One day at pilgrimage Carl asked me if I was ready for a martini, it was fairly early in the day and no breakfast or anything to eat, I had to take a break for a little while after drinking it. Before that, the only martini I had ever tried was a chocolate martini and an Apple while on a cruise, which is nothing like a normal one. The Apple was terrible.

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Carl's magic must be the shaker. 

That's not ronco, it's the real mc coy!

I think your right, just remember 99 shakes NOT 100 or 98, there are some rules. :lol:

Chocolate with the apple in the background.

dream_10_19_2014-144.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

I rarely drink, in the last year or two except for sometimes at Rodney's, there a bad influence it seems.

A couple of weeks ago when we were there I was playing with Rodney's blood pressure machine and after trying it 3 times it said my bp was VERY high. Joe the old guy with the white cowboy hat said here drink this quickly and poured me a few ounces of what he drinks, Devils Cut bourbon so I did and was told wait about 10 minutes and check your bp again. It went down a little so he repeated his prescription.  Well, my bp only went down slightly but after about 30 minutes I didn't care anymore. 

If he was my doctor I might have a serious problem.

One day at pilgrimage Carl asked me if I was ready for a martini, it was fairly early in the day and no breakfast or anything to eat, I had to take a break for a little while after drinking it. Before that, the only martini I had ever tried was a chocolate martini and an Apple while on a cruise, which is nothing like a normal one. The Apple was terrible.

I think your right, just remember 99 shakes NOT 100 or 98, there are some rules. :lol:

Chocolate with the apple in the background.

dream_10_19_2014-144.JPG

^^^^^

=== Sorry, that ain’t no martini - that there’s an abomination—

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, dtel said:

Another earthquake yesterday, but in Ala-Fla border, not the normal place you expect to hear of one.

5th one in 20 days

https://www.nola.com/news/2019/03/fifth-earthquake-strikes-alabama-florida-line.html

They say it's not unusual.  Perhaps we never hear about them because they are barely detectable without machines.

• Like 1