Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

So I figured out that my french press coffee taste bitter as my grounds are too fine. Now i am thinking of trying a grinder and whole bean. I remember some recommendations a while back in regards t ok grinders. Any recommendations for one that will grind coarse?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought the Cuisinart burr grinder off of Amazon under someone's recommendation here. It has worked well. It can dial up pretty darn coarse to extra fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DBM-8-Supreme-Grind-Automatic/dp/B00018RRRK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=coffee+grinder&qid=1553961041&s=gateway&sr=8-4

• Like 3

I dug out a bigger stick, so I don't have to run into a wall to straighten up.  The guy that carved it signed and dated it... It's 30 years old.. Spiral carved.. 5 feet long/tall. 

The guy that did/doing our work commented about not expecting Gandolf when I told him I quit cutting my hair/beard.   This stick fits....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

So I figured out that my french press coffee taste bitter as my grounds are too fine. Now i am thinking of trying a grinder and whole bean. I remember some recommendations a while back in regards t ok grinders. Any recommendations for one that will grind coarse?

This is an excellent grinder.  I use it for all different grind types.

https://www.amazon.com/Baratza-Encore-Conical-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B007F183LK/ref=sr_1_1?hvadid=176950559405&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9016254&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10776542994880934684&hvtargid=kwd-43523077061&keywords=baratza+encore&qid=1553964483&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rplace said:

Parents in town from Michigan on their way to Florida. We all cried at Michigan loss to red raiders last night.

Even this Spartan was disappointed and surprised by the Wolverines’ loss to Texas Tech.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't picked up a grinder yet as i am waiting to finish the bar, which will give me place to store it. For now, just grinding at the store, which should get me by.

Meanwhile, picked up the ceramic tumbler, as i am not a fan of plastic taste. Sipping on some Starbucks Italian Roast.
b7b2df0c2e72432db512f51a68449267.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:55 AM, jimjimbo said:

Have you done your taxes yet?

Yep. Looks like on $400 less income than the previous year I'm going to pay about $200 more federal tax and $150 more state tax. I think its the California didn't vote for Trump penalty tax.

This state is so f'd up there's no hope for rational sane citizens, its a lost cause.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It’s been nice having this thread.  It would be a shame to have it locked.

What does anecdotal evidence of taxation have to do with getting the thread locked?  If you are screwed, you are screwed.  Some people, I assume, were not screwed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, babadono said:

Sorry, I was asked a point blank question and responded with the facts. But then went off the rails as they say, again I'm sorry.

Except it didn't go off the rails.  Only one poster has threatened anything regarding rails, and they are wrong.  No apology needed, therefore none accepted.  Carry on my wayward son.  There'll be peace when you are done.

For the sensitive ones. 

My state spends a lot on people that have never paid taxes here, ever. That's kind of new though. It came with the recently elected dumb dumbs.

Haven't gone broke from it yet though... knock wood. Some places have more than once!