Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I think it's rich when people get more in their paycheck every week but complain about a smaller refund. Hell, if you can break even and not get anything, most of the time you are way ahead of the game. I've seen this idea of "less tax refund" bandied about, but it's usually by those who are challenged by math.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Chad said:

Yes. We were getting DDoS'd from China here. So I blocked all Chinese IP addresses on this server ;-). (plus I upgraded some stuff)

So unlike some other "brands" they know Klipsch is a serious threat to their sub-par ilk flooding the markets!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Back home last night, got the new museum building straightened out, more at least. The center of the room is now cleaned out and the bookshelves pretty much in place and almost half loaded with PWK's library which is now the second museum building, this one we rent "VERY" cheaply from the city.  We.going back sometime at the end of the week to bring the other 7 pallets of magazines and books to stock the rest of the shelves. 

An 1802 sub was brought in to go with the hanging KP 600's and Kevin loaned his amp rack (for now) to get it all calibrated by Roy. Late Saturday after Roy left and it was just Craig, Kevin and I, we tested it a little more, we got it to 112db with no clipping lights on the Crowns, couldn't take anymore. It's working great and sounds really good considering it's a big almost empty brick building, there is a huge rug covering most of the center of the floor. The rug was donated from some big hotel chain and we had it shipped to the museum to help cover a big part of the floor. Later there will be large heavy curtains along both side walls, they will be donated by some movie theater chain, this just could not be done before Pilgrimage, can't remember the theater's name. This will be PWK's library and the center will be tables and seating. Most of the library is complete volumes from different electrical, audio and many other publications dating back a long time ago. I never looked to see what was the oldest but I did look at some that we're back to 1951 and I doubt they were the oldest by far, it was just some I looked at while taking a break. Also hung some banners and a bunch of other little things like signs and cleaning. 

museum steam building-37-copy.JPG

museum steam building-26-copy.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

I think it's rich when people get more in their paycheck every week but complain about a smaller refund. Hell, if you can break even and not get anything, most of the time you are way ahead of the game. I've seen this idea of "less tax refund" bandied about, but it's usually by those who are challenged by math.

I guess I'd rather be challenged by math than challenged by empathy.

• Like 2

....and I blend in, here

DSCF0914.thumb.JPG.1a691023dfd77435bcb2fbe99eb4fdd3.JPG

when you are told to not talk to strangers... lol

Was waiting for the coffee to brew. Walk into the kitchen, Punky, the cat, is sitting on the counter, staring at the coffee maker... it was still dripping.   Waiting patiently...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

..if need be ....

… o O (the age old adage of "carry a big stick" went out with Theodore Roosevelt) … nowadays … o O (well, at least 30 year's ago) and it probably still works today... is a brunette physical therapist prescribed by the doctor to run some electrical thing all over "the spot" for about 30 minute's every Friday, for a month or two... just a brief interpretation for two cent's while trying to determine if this started before the Nissan or after "the speakers" lol.... I'm sure we can trace this down and have you in a body cast for the pilgrimage....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, windashine said:

is a brunette physical therapist prescribed by the doctor to run some electrical thing all over "the spot" for about 30 minute's every Friday, for a month or two.

I think that's what Robert Kraft got in trouble for?

Don't sound bad really.

• Haha 4