Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

… o O (another two page afternoon... ) seems like there was a video about the absence of coffee on an airplane... the weedwhackers came around the bend followed by Dirtmudds matches, with last place hobblin' along with Lord of the ring's and a Home Depot whip sickle, not to mention this is Tuesday... but how did a sarong get honorable mention lol...

• Like 4

• Moderators

I told this guy at pilgrimage a couple of years ago that he looked like the grim reaper, he pulled up his hood and I took his picture. 

See WillyBob your not the only fuzzy one. 

pilgrimage_2016_(168).JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I told this guy at pilgrimage a couple of years ago that he looked like the grim reaper, he pulled up his hood and I took his picture. 

See WillyBob your not the only fuzzy one. 

pilgrimage_2016_(168).JPG

maybe the grim reefer

grim-reefer-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On a lighter note I started preparing for the zombie apocalypse.  Ordered some bulk ammo for the 9mm and the AR-15.  It arrived yesterday and I thought I would try loading a 30 round clip by hand knowing I have some arthritis in both thumbs.  Not an easy task but I loaded one.  Then got on line and ordered a Maglula.  The video makes it look quick and easy.  We shall see.

Got the Z4 back from the detail folks on Monday.  The polishing and ceramic coating has achieved a mirror like finish.  Looks great.  Pictures to come.

LF is volunteering with a conservation group today.  They are taking 5th graders over to a barrier island by boat and telling them about marine life and ecosystems.  That should be interesting to hear about.

Besides weed eating what have you gents been up to?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, windashine said:

… o O (ur coffee should kick in any minute, and everything will be alright again lol..)

I wish,

that was my second cup in that pic. Just pressed the laughing button for your post....

in the popup that opens, when I clicked it it turned into a blue heart, but this time it published a laugh at least!

It wasn't like this after the downtime earlier in the week, just this am.

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

A Grim Reaper...looks more like a well-fed Gandalf in his younger days to me!  He is funny as hell in person, though...once he gets to know ya a bit better!

He is funny and a nice guy.

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

maybe the grim reefer

Well, he is from Colorado.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Otis!

Yep, I didn't say his name thinking most here wouldn't know who that was. If anyone wants to talk to him ask him about Red Rocks amphitheater, he loves the place, although it is a great place, one day I might see it.

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Burning weeds. 

On a lighter note I started preparing for the zombie apocalypse. 

Good deal, ammo stores very well and cheaper in bulk.

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

not so much into weed eating

we generally burn ours.... a little at a time

The cat can attest to that, it's when she likes to amuse you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waiting for it to warm up before I go out  [I really enjoy this option]... I might be here a while. Front coming thru. We will see 70`.  Might have to dig out the long handles for a day or two. I saw a 65` high on the forecast.

We're already into fire season, red flag day, and the spring bloom is just hitting its stride. Big wind is the primary concern. There is always a certain amt of dry stuff... it is AZ.

burn... no. I don't. The fireplace is about as much open flame as conditions allow.   I have a compost heap.

• Like 3

On a lighter note I started preparing for the zombie apocalypse.  Ordered some bulk ammo for the 9mm and the AR-15.  It arrived yesterday and I thought I would try loading a 30 round clip by hand knowing I have some arthritis in both thumbs.  Not an easy task but I loaded one.  Then got on line and ordered a Maglula.  The video makes it look quick and easy.  We shall see.

Got the Z4 back from the detail folks on Monday.  The polishing and ceramic coating has achieved a mirror like finish.  Looks great.  Pictures to come.

LF is volunteering with a conservation group today.  They are taking 5th graders over to a barrier island by boat and telling them about marine life and ecosystems.  That should be interesting to hear about.

I'm one week into dealing with a shoulder reconstructive operation. It's a little more involved than I originally thought. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

that does not sound like you are having fun. Getting some listening time in?

Thanks. The ice/air sling helps more than the meds, I haven't had a painkiller in 3 days.

I am listening to some tunes, nice being home alone during the day.

It's amazing how we depend on our dominant hand 😮

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm one week into dealing with a shoulder reconstructive operation. It's a little more involved than I originally thought. 

Commonly caused by carrying way to heavy of a cooler to the speedway every day in May for years.

Let me know if you need a helping hand next month.

Get well soon.

• Haha 4