Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

48 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

"Is I think that at first people sort of are a bit suspicious
'You know, come on, what are you up to?"

Can you unpack this a bit to elaborate on it's meaning? And how  it plays out?

I know that suicide leaves a LOT of loose ends behind if this is what is being referred to.

"Dub the mic on the piano quite low this
Just keeping it like maracas, you know
You know those old pianos"
"Ok, we're on"
"Sugarplum fairy, sugarplum fairy"
I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure if he was from the House of Lords
I saw a film today, oh boy
The English Army had just won the war
A crowd of people turned away
But I just had to look
Having read the book
I'd love to turn you on
"Five, six, seven, eight, nine
Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen
Fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen
Twenty"
Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Made my way upstairs and had a smoke
And everybody spoke and I went into a dream
"Oh shit"
I read the news today, oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you
"See the worst thing about doing this
Doing something like this
Is I think that at first people sort of are a bit suspicious
'You know, come on, what are you up to?'
  • Like 2

the boy is going to be so happy with me.

I taught the kid how to blow a horn.One of those spontaneous moments... a cardboard tube . I picked it up and "trumpeted" it. Showed the kid how and told her when she can do it, I have a real horn... a commemorative Conn trumpet. All engraved. Should get her a "booboozella"/stadium horn, when we were kids. 

I inherited enough instruments to outfit a small marching band. My dad sold his tuba and other bass before I asked him for the jazz bass.  I have an assortment of woodwind and brass.

The base of a table I got from dad, is the bell of a French horn... Too small to be a tuba and too large to be a trombone

• Like 4

Went to the circus last night with some friends from High Prarie, Alberta.

Captain Ron, RCMP, Ret, and his wife; Outfitter/electrician/ret schoolteacher Bob and his wife (Ret Principal); and my wife.

The show was outstanding. Set up in a large, climate controlled tent in the parking lot of Cardinal stadium, held about 2-3k people. Live music with an exceptional sound system. The acrobats were impressive. 

If if it comes to a town near you, don't miss it. Well worth the price of admission. (And the 100 mile round trip drive)

IMG_0793.JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

"Is I think that at first people sort of are a bit suspicious
'You know, come on, what are you up to?"

Can you unpack this a bit to elaborate on it's meaning? And how  it plays out?

I know that suicide leaves a LOT of loose ends behind if this is what is being referred to.

A Day In The Life......was a question on Jeopardy.  Struck me funny like when I hear Dylan tunes in an elevator.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2019 at 8:08 AM, Tarheel said:

On a lighter note I started preparing for the zombie apocalypse.  Ordered some bulk ammo for the 9mm and the AR-15.  It arrived yesterday and I thought I would try loading a 30 round clip by hand knowing I have some arthritis in both thumbs.  Not an easy task but I loaded one.  Then got on line and ordered a Maglula.  The video makes it look quick and easy.  We shall see.

You will be thrilled with the Maglula.  I got a couple a few months ago and they work the way they should.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep....I do love it.  Loaded 8 30 round clips in a few minutes.  Also have one for the 9mm.

I too am prepared for the "zombie" apocalypse, where homeless, mindless sacks of flesh, wander around expecting free food, have no boundaries and can't even begin to have an intelligent conversation or thought.  Wow, that definition applies to a lot of groups that I can think of.  😎  Time for the second pot of DD  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I too am prepared for the "zombie" apocalypse, where homeless, mindless sacks of flesh, wander around expecting free food, have no boundaries and can't even begin to have an intelligent conversation or thought.  Wow, that definition applies to a lot of groups that I can think of.  😎  Time for the second pot of DD  

I resemble that remark

Been trying to get my head around horn principles..... Simple concept. Then I factor in what I know about musical instruments and "tuning" and a ton of variables appear...  it gets messy.

Not too good at reading and understanding. I'm a hands on learner.  I might not be the brightest... but, I sure am slow.

When I was doing a "proof of concept" on the blade control system for R/C helicopters...

I increased the sensitivity of the controls by eliminating a lot of extraneous parts [and slop]. That cascaded into having to "adjust" everything else. Dampers, flybar material and length. Paddles or not. Weight of them. Blade length ..... Type of blade.

I know we [as a general rule] do not care for "average"... Today's weather will be "average", and we will like it a lot.

speaking of R/C helicopters... Y'all appreciate high performance. This is a factory sponsored "pilot"

I have been to "the field" when folks were flying like this.

I really wanted to be in a bunker.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I resemble that remark

Been trying to get my head around horn principles..... Simple concept. Then I factor in what I know about musical instruments and "tuning" and a ton of variables appear...  it gets messy.

Not too good at reading and understanding. I'm a hands on learner.  I might not be the brightest... but, I sure am slow.

When I was doing a "proof of concept" on the blade control system for R/C helicopters...

I increased the sensitivity of the controls by eliminating a lot of extraneous parts [and slop]. That cascaded into having to "adjust" everything else. Dampers, flybar material and length. Paddles or not. Weight of them. Blade length ..... Type of blade.

I know we [as a general rule] do not care for "average"... Today's weather will be "average", and we will like it a lot.

speaking of R/C helicopters... Y'all appreciate high performance. This is a factory sponsored "pilot"

I have been to "the field" when folks were flying like this.

I really wanted to be in a bunker.

=== quite the display, crazy in fact - oh, can you get his number - I could use a haircut 💇‍♂️ 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

So Tiger won his fifth jacket.  With the early start no happy hour watching the final group come in.

You just needed to start happy hour earlier..........................maybe 10:00 was too early.  

• Haha 1

I watched a little of it.  

I can appreciate the skills involved. I don't play. 

All the golfing I do, is with my whip sickle.  The technique is similar, Max head speed without too much muscling...

I need to "play 18" every day for the next few. The rough is knee deep.

• Haha 2