Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

… o O (initial observation)…  cold = No way... no matter how many ph studies are performed....

2nd theory - the use of the un-news worthy statement in the article above, grasping the phrase "but so far, researchers can't confirm"

... o O (debate among the cocktail crowd) …. that chit better work

... o O (in conclusion, a summary granting the motion) hot.... black.... easy to make …. morning routine... no studies ….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (initial observation)…  cold = No way... no matter how many ph studies are performed....

2nd theory - the use of the un-news worthy statement in the article above, grasping the phrase "but so far, researchers can't confirm"

... o O (debate among the cocktail crowd) …. that chit better work

... o O (in conclusion, a summary granting the motion) hot.... black.... easy to make …. morning routine... no studies ….

The real question is which end ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hello everyone. Being stuck at home is starting to get old. My shoulder seems to be healing, but I can't do much with it. I can get away for about an hour, then it's time to chill out and keep movement to a minimum. I was considering going to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a tire test (28 teams are running all day) but that might be too much at this point. I'm down to about 1-2 painkillers per day, usually at night to help me sleep. I can sleep for 2-3 hours at a time, I just can't get comfortable.

• Sad 4

13 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Ya haven't started watching soaps yet... that's a good sign.

The lack of good rest is worse than the pain for me. If I can sleep, I can be tolerable while I'm awake.  I get grumpy w/o sleep

you started PT? 

It will be three weeks tomorrow since surgery. Last week I started a very basic therapy at home, slight arm and hand movements, just a couple of inches of movement for now. I MUST keep my upper arm and shoulder from any movement. I had repairs done to three different areas, torn tendons. It's amazing, your body will INSTANTLY let you know if you moved something too far. I wear a shoulder cast/sling called an Air Cast, it pumps ice water and air pressure all over my upper arm and shoulder. It helps a lot. When the pain starts, the Percocets don't do much 🙁 ....5-6 months recovery, 12 months to return to previous condition.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

🙁 ....5-6 months recovery, 12 months to return to previous condition.

Hate it for you Bill.

Had the experience of things being awful to worse for four years, to the point of finality. Be nice to your filter... it can hurt you. Hope for you that the improvements are great after this "phase" of recovery. That air cast sounds nice... a lot better than a frozen bag of corn or peas!

Can you hear the track noise form where you live? North side of town here the noise travels about ten or so miles, that's thirty miles from here. The Z-Max strip I've heard from I-85 at 70mph driving through one Sat. morning. *Actually going up hwy 49 to Concord when I was a kid we could see our neighbors car in one field of tens of thousands...Hemi-Orange Superbirds stood out!  Saw a race car fly out of there once, searching for who it was now. Daytona with the flat terrain especially at night the sound travels for miles and miles!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

On 4/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, JohnJ said:

Evenin' Jim, I'm thinking (along with our announcers on FSCR) that the refs are fed up with the caps tripping, hacking and all that. Maybe not the elbowing... did you see ovi and Carlson tag teaming McGinn with those big elbows behind their net? about 2:00 left in the third before ovi got booted from the ice.

*Saw a replay of the caps called back goal in the third. I'd swear gr8's shot went in before he pushed Mrazek!

The tide has turned with the bad officiating!

`Canes to the second round!!

Good Luck tonight...... Go Islanders!!! Yes, Yes, YES

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

you need 3 more hands.

oldtimer is right. It looks thin and overcooked.

That's what cowboy/boiled coffee looks like when the grounds are dead.

I did not post the picture.... but I like

the coffee pot...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KROCK said:

Good Luck tonight...... Go Islanders!!! Yes, Yes, YES

Appreciate that, tried to log in here at the second int winblows gsod'd. P2xl never does. We didn't control any aspect of the game tonight but Staal tied it up five min ago.

• Like 1

2nd overtime 9 min left Mr. Game 7 and McGinn do it.

Beat both of those darn teams the caps and those black and white striped guys!!

No penalty for a goalie under pressure knocking his goal out of the ice?????

Game cold have been over long ago like in the third period.

Coming for you Islanders! Might have Svech back too!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IMG-20190425-102332.jpg

That's the last of the 2nd (9am) coffee today.

@Tarheel appreciate you flexibility allowing me to add new C's occasionally. Gotta root for the guys up in Raleigh! 

Overcast here today, it was 88 outside our kitchen window yesterday. That sunshine felt great as I cut the overseeded lawn for the first time in two weeks with that ten days of rain. It's coming up nicely.

• Like 4

I get a month to clean up dead weeds before I think about softening up the lawn for rainy season. I use the lawn to cool the house, so I water at the wrong time for max absorption.  Mid after noon.

seeing another mauling by a tiger on the news.

The victim was quick to take fault...

..... uh yeah.  1st mistake, you were in an enclosure with a tiger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well

the lights still come on...

everyone gone to the gathering?   OK   OK....   I'll make some coffee. Unless preference is voiced, yer getting Peruvian...

after the fact... wife tells me it would have been OK for me to attend. Naturally, after it's too late.  If I hauled out when she said Yes... I could have gotten there this afternoon... Thanks honey

• Haha 1