Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Got the car unloaded, except for the trash, now more coffee, then the rest of the car. Maby next I will put some things where they go, the car contents are now on the floor of the house about 10' from the front door.  

A couple from this week in Hope, Glen, and Verna is visiting a friend in Texas and will be here for a couple of days about Friday before heading back home to the frozen North. So this weekend might be a slight repeat of the last few days but will be fun. Should be back to our regular abnormal by Friday and ready to go again on a much smaller scale. :emotion-21:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

he was right...I went right by those New Mexico troopers at EXACTLY the legal speed limit!!...never saw another one until AFTER I reached interstate, either!  GO FIGURE!😁

tip toe thru Carrizozo...They aren't so gracious

• Like 2

Just finished shooting the Indy 500 one year and was running down and over to Gatlinburg in my old Porsche 928.  It was about 6 in the morning on that Monday, open 4-lane so I jacked it up to about 110 and locked in.  Radar detector was on and i was jammin UNTIL I hit a cut curve in the road and BAM.  Dead meat.  Detector went nuts and there he was sittin facing me.  All I could think to do was just wave and smile as those 14" calipers slowed me down to about 90.  hahaha...  Guy waved back at me but I watched my rear view mirror for the next 5-10 miles runnin about 75!  All I saw was a $500 ticket and a big hook breaking my lower spoiler off.  Prolly best I sold it a few years and tickets later.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I got rid of my Spitfire... It had a Mercur V6. Fun car... dangerous fun. Same reason I don't have a motorcycle anymore...  Lived thru that phase of my life.

Boy has a dirt bike... bought a basket case. I could fix it for him... but he has a child to look after. We enjoy her immensely, but  do not care to have her full time.

Boy is still learn to drive an autopilot -- horse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Almost forgot to Thank You, Carl, Miss E and of course the much helpful daughter Amy, once again we would have been in trouble with lanyards, and t-shirts and other things without ALL the help.

It was our pleasure and great to see you again.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dirtmudd, that's the other half of the family, with talent and can dance.

Yes Carl it was good to see all of you again as it always is. 

I told a bunch of people this week, we're not looking for any more speakers or anything to do with that in any way, there are only 2 reasons we go to these things, too see all the people we have become friends with and we do not want it to die off again. The people are the only real reason.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dtel said:

not looking for any more speakers or anything to do with that in any way, there are only 2 reasons we go to these things, too see all the people we have become friends with and we do not want it to die off again. The people are the only real reason.

that a whole mouthful there, my friend

wish my wife would have asked why I was home, before Saturday.  It's a 16 - 20 hr drive from here.. 1200miles?

a little fresh, normal, and moist smelling... not normal  We had a little push of rain yesterday. If you were in the right place, at the right time.... You might have had to hit the mist button on your wipers.

being a desert rat, my first thought when I got off the plane and on the jet-way, on Kauai... "I smell water!"

• Like 2

• Moderators

Feeling better now thanks to alot of coffee and some sleep. For the first time in a very long time when we got home on Sunday, I went to sleep at 10:30 that night, it scared me a little.

Got the car unloaded into the house put some of it away and a neighbor friend came over and we drank coffee all evening. But not doing anything was fine, I was at full speed and kind of wanted to do nothing. So far today I have accomplished having coffee and planning what I want to do today, hope it starts, just feeling lazy. A sure sign of being old.:mellow:

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Flipping through movies on Amazon Prime I found an old one from 2010 called Electric Mist starring Tommy Lee Jones, Mary Steenburgen, Buddy Guy, Levon Helm, and Ned Beatty.  Strange but entertaining.....worth a look.

Goin' South (1978) Jack Nicholson, Mary Steenburgen, Christopher Lloyd, John Belushi, Veronica Cartwright, Danny DeVito, Jeff Morris...you'll die laughing!!  'Nuff Said!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Just watched the first period with constant tornado siren warning.  It is a good day to die, but it is also not likely.  I'm sure some rtard on here will find a way to politicize this.

Hmmm, let me think......

• Like 1