Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Only spent one weekend in Charlotte back in August 1974, at the Motor Speedway.  August Jam.

A day that has lived in infamy around the southeast since!

I was too young to partake.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Living here off and on for close to 60 years.... I'm sensing sarcasm here, and love it!

Improved more or less = Destroyed in this instance

"New & Improved" is what they labeled Coca-Cola until they went back to the old formula. Heinz 57? nope it got a little sweet 20 yrs ago, I've called it heinz 58 since it's not as good on my excellent salmon patties.

Even S&D coffee went south. My favorite coffee of all time was their Costa Rican but they got bought out and now their stuff is awful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

A day that has lived in infamy around the southeast since!

I was too young to partake.

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again?  At what venue did Jim Dandy break the tip off of his sword?  He only had one sword he used in every show.  How and Where also.  Carry on!  :)  Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Black Oak Arkansas.jpg

mower.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Tell me about it.  Looking for wheels to rig up my Steiner 230 with dual fronts so I can get on certain sections of my yard, but after looking at your idea, maybe I need some pontoons and prop in the back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

high fructose corn syrup

As an aside, 57 referred to their number of varieties way back when...

And the 58th is labelled 57 now! It was great tangy but kinda yucky sweet.

At least I can find their original hickory bbq sauce again now, it's not sweet-s*$t and it's great for chicken on the grill, or a ham sandwich with cheese and potato chips in it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again? 

Don't know the answer, just wanted to say Kevin Harmon loved that band and seen them alot. He just got a new trailer to haul his speakers to pilgrimage but the last trailer had that logo on it he had someone make. The logo on that album with the acorn and the arm, it was about 2' wide and on his old trailer, his wife hated it and called it names and gave him a hard time about it, so we all teased him about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm,  time for trivia again?  At what venue did Jim Dandy break the tip off of his sword?  He only had one sword he used in every show.  How and Where also.  Carry on!  :)  Been a bit busy modifying my mower for the rainy Ohio spring.  Think I've got it though!

Black Oak Arkansas.jpg

mower.jpg

Little Rock ette. Following white haired woman...good to go Dave

• Like 2

Yesterday was a great day at Wrigley Field.

Mid 60's, partly sunny, out of the wind and some cold Goose Island.

We stayed in an Airbnb 2 blocks away.

Visited the Cubby Bear, Casey Morans, Old Crow Smokehouse, John Barleycorn...dinner at Hutch and breakfast at Kanela Breakfast Club.

I am not a big Cubs fan but I love Wrigley.

Oh yea...Cubs Win, Cubs win.

Wrigley0.jpg

Wrigley1.jpg

• Like 4

Anybody else drink this beer?  I had a local distributor that was getting it in for me at a steep price of $40 per case, but the last time they got it, it was dated 3.5 years ago and I said no way, but one of my favorite beverages.  

AW can.png

• Like 2

Got rid of that darn malware disguised as winten. Tried some interesting distros run off of a usb stick. Linux Mint 19.1 Ubuntu based is as I've read about easy to get around trying to set it up. It's quicker than the last winten version from the fast ring. Almost immediately updated the drivers and all that right after I wiped the drive and installed this. Only thing is the bluetooth kbd doesn't work until I'm logged in. So... gave myself a headache trying these distros, oz of four roses took it away🥃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Got rid of that darn malware disguised as winten. Tried some interesting distros run off of a usb stick. Linux Mint 19.1 Ubuntu based is as I've read about easy to get around trying to set it up. It's quicker than the last winten version from the fast ring. Almost immediately updated the drivers and all that right after I wiped the drive and installed this. Only thing is the bluetooth kbd doesn't work until I'm logged in. So... gave myself a headache trying these distros, oz of four roses took it away🥃

We use Mint for about 70% of the PCs whete I work, which means about 270 + computers. MS has messed up their product too much for businesses, but once away from it, you start to realize there are very few Winows program you really need.

Bruce

• Like 3