Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

SANCHO!  You're back!!!! You have been missed😀👍. Good morning.

It is good seeing him back.

Sancho, it was a little surprising seeing you post the other day, it had been a while, glad you're around again.   :emotion-21:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

We use Mint for about 70% of the PCs whete I work, which means about 270 + computers. MS has messed up their product too much for businesses, but once away from it, you start to realize there are very few Winows program you really need.

Bruce

Yeah the forced upgrades are causing trouble for some of my MCAD peers. My design program recommends you delay upgrades as long as possible to test them on a few systems first but when they do MS is ready for the next upgrade before they can roll the first one out to all PC's. It is one of the reasons my design boxes never go online. The only way to insulate yourself from MS stupidity. Unfortunately most design programs will not work on Linux so we are stuck.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Okie day... I'm cooking some Filipino adobo... have no clue what I'm doing but I am getting hungry... finishing up this...

20190512_183352.jpg

Love me some chicken adobo!  Appears that Carna is running that show with you as the help to me!  Hope she is taste-testing it regularly...LOL!  Tell her m yAsawa let me know that today (in Phils)...and I told her to let me know how much she gets from all of the bribes from the local politicians!  She should get a kick outta that! LOL!  At least there they just pay their campaign money out to the locals in bribes, instead of the way they do things here!  Like most voting-age Filipinos, my wife accepts the bribes from all of them...counts it all up come nightfall!...but still votes for who she wants, anyway!

• Like 1

She's on a multi-way call with family about the grave marker and 40 day  celebration of their Nanay's passing.

The chicken adobo turned out fine... the Icelandic beer was good, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

She's on a multi-way call with family about the grave marker and 40 day  celebration of their Nanay's passing.

The chicken adobo turned out fine... the Icelandic beer was good, too.

Yep...I understand about all of that...have two "celebrations" coming up for my deceased Mother-in-law this summer...about three days apart...birthday...then death day!...then at end of October is another one atop her mausoleum...all souls eve and day...everybody in the family will go to her mausoleum, unlock it. climb the ladder inside of it, unlock the trap door to the roof and gather on the roof where it is cool when celebrating that!  "Mama 'Naida" well-planned her mausoleum for multi-function before she passed!  

• Like 2

adobo... yummmmmm

haven't had any since the old man that lived next to the boat shop on Kauai. He would come over and pick yam shoots and [Chinese] mustard greens and plantains.

had to be careful with the mustard... it would "cleanse" you.

we celebrate All Souls Day here.  I've come to appreciate the day

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

adobo... yummmmmm

haven't had any since the old man that lived next to the boat shop on Kauai. He would come over and pick yam shoots and [Chinese] mustard greens and plantains.

My wife adds in sweet white taro root from the "Root-Crop" part of the garden, instead of yamshoots! She uses the yams and plantains as a side-dish, instead!

• Like 3

We went out to dinner/lunch yesterday.

I hate to admit it felt strange wearing "western" clothing. Took off the sarong and robe. 

put a button down shirt and bib overalls on. That's as dressed as I get.

When I was in Sydney I ran into some "dress code" problems... and that was with my bibs and sandals. City folk....

Have you had bitter melon?  On Kauai, my neighbors were Filipino.

We had some BBQs..Ate some interesting stuff.  Quite fond of glass shrimp in shoyu/vinegar. The bitter melon was good. A bit of an acquired taste.

I went blue water fishing every week... Ahi was usual fare. We shared a lot. That was how it worked.

Seriously...  When bananas come ripe, a "bunch" can be 80 lb.  They don't keep for dookie.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We went out to dinner/lunch yesterday.

That's good if you're skinny as you say, hope you ate alot. :P

When you talked about living in Kauai, it made me think, you moved from Hawaii to the desert, that must have been quite a change and a little depressing since there so different?

My sister in law moved after she married, from Hawaii to Alaska, that would be a rough change.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WillyBob said:

=== you being internally “cleansed” and a dress code of a sarong can only be a disastrous combination. Do you wear one of those dump truck signs - “ keep back 300 feet” - ? 🤮

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

When you talked about living in Kauai, it made me think, you moved from Hawaii to the desert, that must have been quite a change and a little depressing since there so different?

I lived here first... 15years

surprisingly similar to the south and west side of the islands here.  Cacti, rocks, mesquite/kiewe...  until you crest the dune and the ocean is there.  ` that I do miss. big time

• Like 1