Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

She should be upset, can they refrigerated and be brought tomorrow or before the weekend.

Yes, but whether she will actually send them in or give away remains unknown. P.O.ed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

... as long as there's someone to appreciate it, it's OK. 

was about to go off on a rant. self-censored

Was laughing at myself. Yesterday, popped Steppenwolf7 on the turntable.  Enjoyed it immensely... except some of it was missing. A large chunk....  then I remembered to turn the LP over.   duh

Found a relatively obscure LP in the collection... "Truce" RobinTrower, JackBruce.  Listening to it. Need to flip it over.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Was laughing at myself. Yesterday, popped Steppenwolf7 on the turntable.  Enjoyed it immensely... except some of it was missing. A large chunk....  then I remembered to turn the LP over.   duh

True but at least they don't sound as bad as an 8 track, and change tracks in the middle of a song,  or like a tape needing to be rewound. It even looks like CD's are on their way out, one day you will not be able to own any new physical media.

• Sad 2

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Sancho Panza said:

Womp is the sound of the Can hitting the counter.

Lazy women do this, in lieu of proper Biscuits...

courtesy of Jerry Clower

Ah yes, Jerry Clower. The author of Marcel's Talking Chainsaw. Heard it back in the early 70's when my aunt & uncle moved to Jackson MS. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

True but at least they don't sound as bad as an 8 track, and change tracks in the middle of a song,  or like a tape needing to be rewound. It even looks like CD's are on their way out, one day you will not be able to own any new physical media.

Never tried any sophisticated streaming.  Closest I came was Spotify premium to my lap top.  I did an a-b comparison with a CD and the CD sounded better by a lot. Really don't know what jriver and this other stuff is but I'm low tech so........

• Like 3

Would not compare to what you & the Mrs. sport in your living room @dtel!

Preparing for the game and not excited with the prior three in the NHL ECC round.

Made a mocha with coffee with an extra scoop of grounds, plus Promised Land Midnight Chocolate milk. Can't make choc milk anymore since hershey's changed their canned choc syrup. Tried the cocoa powder and some sugar but never got the ratio down pat. That Promised Land also makes the only real egg nog we can find at Christmas lately, good brand of dairy from TX.

So this and the other waiting on me should keep me from nodding off in the third if Mr Game 7 can't save us!

IMG-20190516-191223.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I'm low tech so........

You probably even still use cash you old codger. Checking in at a hotel in Nashville a week ago and the clerk says 'we don't accept cash'. I busted out laughing. WTF

Keith

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, T2K said:

Checking in at a hotel in Nashville a week ago and the clerk says 'we don't accept cash'. I busted out laughing. WTF

You should have said that's a shame, I was going to give a huge tip, then walk away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Moderators

Making some New Orleans Italian tonight, Muffulettas. 

Italian meats and cheeses with a layer of Italian olive salad on top, baked until it's all hot and melted. Killed half of one and I'm done.

569A1795-8C79-4087-9E55-40E160E39F69.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1