Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It took my mother a long time to get used to having a car with seat belts.  When she'd drive and I'd be in the passenger front seat she'd reflexively put her arm across my chest when she hit the brakes.  I guess that was the only way they had to keep the kids off the dash during hard braking.

=== that’s the old Frank Castanza move on Seinfeld - “stoppin’ short”. Franks way of coppin’ a feel in the guise of “safety “ — . Like they say  - safety first —

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Put the kid in his carrier and give him a dryer ride!

How do you get that carrier through the opening? :o

Might be easier to just wrap the kid up in a blanket duct tape it tightly and let her rip. :huh: 

• Haha 4

that 10` ripple in our weather... now that it got some Gulf moisture

all we got was wind and "cold".  That's been the theme for this year. We're averaging 7` below last May.   Strange weather this year.

Setting the little stereo up in the doghouse. Those little R15Ms will be OK, with a sub, in a 12 X 12 room. Find a place to put... that gonna take some figuring. Doghouse is pretty well stacked up with stuff. A sofa, large office desk. 2 school lockers. 2 cabinets [metal] a bookshelf and my keyboard.  The speakers may get hung from the ceiling.

and Yes... I can still walk around in there... as long as I remember to duck for the low doorway.  You MUST bow before entering the doghouse, if you are over 5 1/2ft tall.

• Like 4

@dtel your personal stash has been confiscated.... on delivery...

TWO FROM MASSENA ARRESTED FOR POSSESSION OF OVER 200LBS OF MARIJUANA 

TroopTmarijuanaarrest051719.jpg

State Police arrest two after finding over 200 lbs. of marijuana during a traffic stop.

Posted: May. 18, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

That looks like Willie packing for a road trip

setting up the little stereo was a mistake

these R15Ms do NOT satisfy any more. Even with a [junk] little sub, they sound woefully small.  These LaScalas will spoil ya in a hurry... and w/o you realizing it. Thanks y'all[?]

I spose I'm in the market for a pair of cosmetically challenged Heresy for out here.  I'm half surprised to be getting wifi out here.. The "doghouse" is covered in tin.

@JohnJ

I instinctively bow. It only takes 5 or 8 times before it starts to sink in. I blame it on my dad's Sicilian half. lol

we used to hang out with bikers who resided in an old adobe.  One night [day?] there was a crowd gathered there. I headed to the kitchen for a beverage.... next thing I know, I'm on the floor with a bunch of bikers laughing. that doorway will never be the same..  short people... grrrrrrr

I'm not as tall as horizontally challenged. I tease about losing a dimension.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

..  short people... grrrrrrr

:laugh:

My legs are as long as they need to be... but they only keep the top of my noggin 5'8" off the ground. Always got me volunteered for all the construction/destruction work in the tight spots.

& having experienced those pristine LaScala up at the lake last year myself... they ruined me also, my F3's ceased to totally satisfy like they had until I went 2.1 recently.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

@dtel your personal stash has been confiscated.... on delivery...

I hate when that happens, just glad they didn't get the rest, that was just a distraction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

Going around the corner to my sisters this evening, one of the grandkids Allie graduated HS and is heading off to college to be an engineer. So there giving her a party and boiling a bunch of crawfish. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

setting up the little stereo was a mistake

these R15Ms do NOT satisfy any more. Even with a [junk] little sub, they sound woefully small.

Willy, look back behind you and up, that was that slippery slope of speakers, your off the edge, there is no going back now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just sold one of the bubbles.

Good deal, a man only needs one bubble as far as cars go anyway.

It is a nice looking car and well kept. :emotion-21: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

... only the one in the top photo

you know what to expect from the lads in pic #2

oh... that's your son?  jk jk

nice looking young man

best wishes for his college adventure

I have 2 stepsons. One quiet and the other like photo #2.  I know what the one is going to do before he does it...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Thanks to A&M for bumping off ArKansas this weekend!

I'm from Arkansas and in an extreme minority in my home state...never been a Razorback fan!  There are lots of colleges/Universities here, U of A is JUST ONE OF THEM!  My alma mater is one of two I support in sports, but I much more enjoy high school sports...there are High School kids who KNOW they will never be in the running for sports scholarships, but who PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT in high school, anyway!  Pro sports and university sports already have too many INDIVIDUALS and not enough TEAM EFFORTS, IMHO!  High school sports are a COMPLETELY different story for the most part!!

• Like 4