Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, USNRET said:

Should I expect disturbing phone calls?

There a possibility, when your that age things just happen, nothing dad hasn't seen before a few times.

Looks like good friends. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dtel said:

If I were only single :blush:

Can't lie, I have seen worse

me too. One so bad, I had to look twice to make sure. That poor woman.

is it possible that speakers grow their virginity back?  These have been sitting since last Oct.

After playing these r15Ms a little, they're sounding better. I know I have juggled placement and the sub... but they sounded horrible when I first fired them up, again.

Thinking about a significant upgrade from the Scalas.... a pair of Jubes... who doesn't?  I can fit the Scalas in the doghouse   lol

How big of a room do you need to house them? [I know... any room you can fit them in]  I was looking at my livingroom... It is 12 X 25. There would be one on one end of the room and the other at the opposite end... giant headphones

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Thinking about a significant upgrade from the Scalas.... a pair of Jubes... who doesn't?  I can fit the Scalas in the doghouse   lol

How big of a room do you need to house them? [I know... any room you can fit them in]  I was looking at my livingroom... It is 12 X 25. There would be one on one end of the room and the other at the opposite end... giant headphones

I think Chris could answer this better, but I would say yes. Not as headphones though.  @Chris A

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'd be hitting the antacid after a short while, unless a brew could calm it for me.

No stomach problems at all except for eating too much, I can eat anything any time of the day, she says I have an iron stomach. 

It was good and might start on more in a little while, 3 out of 4 sacks disappeared, my favorite besides the crawfish is the sausage, mushrooms, and garlic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dtel said:

No stomach problems at all except for eating too much, I can eat anything any time of the day, she says I have an iron stomach. 

It was good and might start on more in a little while, 3 out of 4 sacks disappeared, my favorite besides the crawfish is the sausage, mushrooms, and garlic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's just me @dtel 

I love the spicy stuff but it doesn't love me anymore!! My guts have been ruined since they swapped out my dead liver. Heck more than that too but I'm still misbehavin'.  

I'm hooked on these ripe jalapenos now for the past few months, suckers have about three times the scovilles of the green ones and I can't quit `em. Ate a raw habanero once, won the $20 bill but it hurt. If I eat those red j a p s in the evening I have to eat a couple of those chalky calcium/magnesium rolaids....I still call `em maalox even though that brand is long gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

habaneros are good. nice citrus flavor.

good for nibbling on. I wouldn't chuck a whole one down my face. Not in one or two bites...Not worth $20.

I "grow" chile pequin... related to the tepin.  They grow themselves. Those are some hot little [about the size of a pea] buggers.  A NativeAmerican friend saw them and was eating them like popcorn... I bit. I crack ONE between my teeth [no mucus membranes involved], gag reflex kicked in. I spit before it touched much..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I like spicy but not really hot things, jalapenos I slice them and don't eat them whole, and stay away from anything hotter. Pretty spicy is fine for me but not just hot where it just burns. No stomach problems just mouth burning and numb I skip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Have to remember to wash my hands after eating crawfish.

I saw something for the first time this year at a crawfish boil.  A bunch of people were wearing disposable gloves.  It looked strange but I can appreciate why they did it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Have to remember to wash my hands after eating crawfish.

Very good idea, maby even twice.

8 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Community Dark Roast...

What’s the volume level?

There isn’t one.

Good coffee one of my favorites, old habits and all.

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I saw something for the first time this year at a crawfish boil.  A bunch of people were wearing disposable gloves.  It looked strange but I can appreciate why they did it.

Never seen that before, I think I will skip the gloves and wash my hands. 

If I forget even after washing my hands off and rub my eye I will remember to not do it a second time for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never seen that before, I think I will skip the gloves and wash my hands. 

If I forget even after washing my hands off and rub my eye I will remember to not do it a second time for sure.

One of the people using gloves was my daughter in law.  I totally understood her using them as she is currently nursing her baby and didn't want to take any chances of getting anything on the baby.  I think everyone else was pretty much wussies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Used to add water to Zatarains Creole Seasoning. Resulting in spice balls.

Very young Twins asked for them, calling them Peanuts.

Hold out your paws, sez I. They did & popped a peanut into their mouths immediately holding out paws for more.

NOT the reaction I expected; now they think they don't like spicy food...

But, just like momma fed me, they get spicy all the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

One of the people using gloves was my daughter in law.  I totally understood her using them as she is currently nursing her baby and didn't want to take any chances of getting anything on the baby.  I think everyone else was pretty much wussies.

I understand the baby thing, that evening I washed my hands twice and had a baby blanket around the new baby before I held her. My daughter asked did you wash your hands and I said yes up to my elbows because it tends to get everywhere when you eat them.

24 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

NOT the reaction I expected; now they think they don't like spicy food...

But, just like momma fed me, they get spicy all the same.

Our kids always said they don't like spicy food, they still say that. But they don't know I slowly raised the spice level over the years, only one still says something about it, just to whine I think, but she eats it anyway. 

The other day I smoked meatloaf, instead of one big one I made two smaller ones. In one I add a bunch of slices of jalapenos and extra seasoning, like half of a jar of sliced peppers

she made a face at me, when it was done I noticed someone ate a piece after me. She tried it and told the grandson it's good you should try it. If I made it all like that she probably wouldn't have been happy about it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1