Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 hours ago, dtel said:

A good recipe would probably work, had shark before and it was really good, it was blacktips,  but not bullsharks.

The guy who showed me how to clean them said you have to leave that red layer that's about 1/4" thick right along the skin, if not it's very fishy tasting. 

Oh Yeah!

Good stuff, I've had it marinated in milk overnight then grilled! Liked it better than a tuna steak!

• Like 4

Ohio boy has true shark story...

Buddy of mine took his LF to Miami on vacation.  They both love to fish so went out fishing one day.  SHE caught a 6.5 foot hammerhead and he decided to have it mounted and shipped back home.  We were hanging this thing in his den and I asked what he did with the meat.  He said they asked him the same thing so he said, "You want it?"  They said yea, we'll take care of it all for ya.  He paid them $3k for the mounting.  Mmmmm  ok...   I wonder if they all survived the beach party and liked the meat?

just another fishing story but it's hangin on his wall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I can keep busy for long period in the "Doghouse"...

wife is afraid to come in here... She has her "reasons"... they may be valid.

I have plans for another "shed", adjacent to this one... Water facilities.  Plans for an outdoor shower are already in the works.  We don't notice perspiration so much as a white crust growing on your skin...  kinda like walking on the beach, w/o water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It's called the tiki hut.

41 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Oh yes a  shed (Tiki Hut)  does keep one out of the house much more...nearly every night! lots to do in a Tiki Hut😁!

That's true but if you're by yourself it's not any better than.........

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's better than "punching the clown".

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Any good for a person "squeezing the eagle"?

But I can hang in a hammock and listen to music, no clown punching or eagle squeezing unless the wife walks out there. DIY is not good

yard-17-2-1.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dtel said:

That's true but if you're by yourself it's not any better than.........

But I can hang in a hammock and listen to music, no clown punching or eagle squeezing unless the wife walks out there. DIY is not good

yard-17-2-1.JPG

Very nice....love the colors.

• Like 3

still drinking this Kona. I'm not too fond of darker roasts... and this is.

Gotta go to the store and get tobacco, coffee and filters. We'll see what is available. All the varieties are not always to be had. Some Ethiopian would be nice. The Mexican beans are very good, too.

here's something that not many of you know, or cared... A bic lighter will balance on its [round] edge fairly readily. I found this out accidentally. I set my lighter down on the table and it balanced.

too much time on my hands?

maybe

• Haha 4