Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ended up with Mexican beans.

Don't know what I did wrong to the spaghetti.... but, it was really good. A cup of good coffee to wash it down... some music and a smoke. It will be bed time.

Feeling my way around spotify.  Nice to have some use for my computer. As a general rule, I try to stay away from it. Was telling wife that kids should be kept away from them until they are 16.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Feeling my way around spotify. 

I hope you're not doing it on a phone, Spotify app is terrible on a phone, it's fine on an Ipad or computer but on a phone is almost impossible to figure out.

Recently signed up for my first paid music channel, its Pandora. I thought I would try it because they changed, you can now search single songs or albums and the bit rate goes up with the subscription. I can definitely hear a difference in quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I hope you're not doing it on a phone, Spotify app is terrible on a phone, it's fine on an Ipad or computer but on a phone is almost impossible to figure out.

Recently signed up for my first paid music channel, its Pandora. I thought I would try it because they changed, you can now search single songs or albums and the bit rate goes up with the subscription. I can definitely hear a difference in quality.

I'm using a computer. Better than some places... but I am noticing some sound quality shortcomings.. I'm on the free side... of course

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I had a coupon so I splurged on a bag of single source Chiapas beans which were also slightly on sale.  Probably break into it in a few days after Peruvian is used up.

I didn't wait to use up the Kona. I couldn't wait

I go thru a fair amt of Peruvian. It's nice.They had Kauai coffee in dark and medium...

as the joke in MIB III goes,

"Tastes like dirt. It was ground yesterday"...

if it had been whole beans I would have bought a bag. It's good, not great... Don't command a premium price, either.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I ordered an lb yesterday based on this.  We'll see.

One of the ones that is real is $$$

Forgot to mention I don't care for black beans, but there was this place in the lower level of one of the big buildings, across from where the cruise ships moored and you could see the Heat's arena almost from there. I had seconds of theirs then when I got another Cuban smashed sandwich to take home got some more of those beans too. Tasted black beans a dozen times since but never eaten them again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I couldn't wait

There is only about one more batch left.  I'll wait so I don't mix the two in my canister.  The same coupon was good for Jamaican blue, but of course it was way pricier. 

Kona is a nice drink, and usually no more than a medium roast, but you have to make sure you get the real 100% stuff, because there have been some issues with unscrupulousness.  Hold out for Kona Peaberry if you can get it and are willing to pay---it is a big cut above.  I used to get a Sumatran peaberry at World Market which was pretty good, but they closed the store in my town and I will never forgive them.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm using a computer. Better than some places... but I am noticing some sound quality shortcomings.. I'm on the free side... of course

Check to make sure it is set to best quality, It may not be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 5/22/2019 at 4:37 PM, JohnJ said:

Good 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain is freakin' incredible med roasted.

We brought some back one time, it was good but I couldn't make it strong enough no matter what I did, but I don't know what the roast was? It was very mild.

Another thing was we were told there are many coffees from the blue mountain area and it can vary alot and hard to know if you're getting the real thing or something else. 

• Like 3

Wallenford and Jamaica Coffee Roasters have mailing addresses actually on the island, I've only bought it from amazon recently when they started running out of Marley's. Yea it was that Marley, Bob's family, their blend was even great and I bought those three pound bags from amazon for $39.99 until they were out of them. They had a blue bag with the 100% for $50.00/lb. Bob's kids ran that company into the ground...... it's a shame. 

Twenty years ago I could get JBM at the BJs on Merritt Island for the same price as the other coffees?

Glad I dig the good ol Colombian still, it's affordable for the quantity that I need here! Drinking some now that's "honey process" no honey involved just cured naturally without washing. The mucilage isn't scrubbed off and the flavor is mellowed without being weak.

What I'm drinking looks like the black honey version at this blog, broke out the immersion brewer for this stuff last weekend.

http://blog.seattlecoffeeworks.com/roastery/earth-honey-process/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Check to make sure it is set to best quality, It may not be?

????

I'm a dummy where computers are concerned

5 hours ago, dtel said:

We brought some back one time, it was good but I couldn't make it strong enough no matter what I did, but I don't know what the roast was? It was very mild.

Another thing was we were told there are many coffees from the blue mountain area and it can vary alot and hard to know if you're getting the real thing or something else. 

Kona is the same. Depends on who, where and how...

I diluted some of my [good] Mexican with a little Kona... gotta use it up somehow. I'm too cheap to throw it away.

• Like 3