Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, rplace said:

Happy memorial day all! Conflicted as to post here or 3MtoMTime.rps20190524_151104.thumb.jpg.534eb26e42b8d626d4411fa10d6c69bd.jpg

Nice!  I have to open the pool tomorrow.  The temps here just decided to go up, so Denise want's it done and my granddaughter asked me on Wednesday "GDaddy, Maylie go in the pool"

She's a hair over 2 years, so no correction on sentence structure. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, rplace said:

Pregame. Bigger things to come this weekend.

rps20190524_192742.thumb.jpg.ded52cf354ff443d86da0613aef4fef3.jpg

Two posts and the next 2 days are shot for me............Thanks!  I have to resurrect the grill as well (blew off the deck 2x's in the last 60 days), or just go buy something to get me through until I get the built in done/started.  After 16 hours today, it might just be to go buy something.  Happy Memorial Day!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Company for a few days so late breakfast.

More in the oven.

A4722175-6A2C-4395-8211-AA6254CFCD31.jpeg

Sweet!  I'm going to do biscuits your way and give them a shot.  It's amazing, that no matter how long you've been doing something, you're never too old to learn new tricks.  Looks great, but now that you've cooked liquid in the cast, you will have to refer to page 3 of the cast iron page and sand blast them and reseason them at 1200 degrees with castrol gtx50 to get them back.  LMAO.  Nice job!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, that depends.....

No, depends comes into play when you can't keep doing what you've been doing because you're older and you can't stop the leaky faucet, so you wear depends, I'm not saying you where depends, you're just freshly retired.  Hope you have a great weekend Jim!

• Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Pete H said:

It's amazing, that no matter how long you've been doing something, you're never too old to learn new tricks. 

True, I was just taught how to make them like this about a year ago, I like it better than the Bisquick type, it's easier to me. 

Like the Castrol seasoning, never would have thought it, but 1200 degrees sounds about right.

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel did you percolate your coffee there in that old pot on the top right?

That's what made every house smell so good in the morning long ago.

Yes, it drips there, pour water in the top, I haven't seen a percolator pot in a very long time, it's a Drip-O-Lator brand it's stamped on the bottom. It's all I know about it.

It was my Grandfathers coffee pot, I remember him using it when I was little, he used a piece of pantyhose as a filter.  Not fast but It does make good coffee, I switched when it was given to me after he died when I compared to a mr-coffee I was using.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pete H said:

Nice!  I have to open the pool tomorrow.  The temps here just decided to go up, so Denise want's it done and my granddaughter asked me on Wednesday "GDaddy, Maylie go in the pool"

She's a hair over 2 years, so no correction on sentence structure. LOL

I filled our "pool" the other day. Really been too cold. Kid went in and 3 days later I emptied the pool.  It is a plastic tug boat pool/sandbox.  I've threatened to take it to the lake. Pretty sure it would keep my carcass afloat.  Would be a kick.  Like walking into a bar full of bikers in a sarong. And a little smarter than the guys that tried to do a BluesBros and jump a raised drawbridge.

The police are still determining whether alcohol/drugs were involved.  This sounds like a classic case of "Hold my beer" to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

quiet here

everyone out doing family things, I guess.  It's kind of a regular weekend for us. Wife has the kid while boy is working. 

We, the kid and I, had a good traditional local breakfast. Scrambled eggs, beans and tortillas.  The beans and tortilla ... wife knows who made them... fresh.

these home-made tortillas last about 2 days before they mold. The commercial  ones last how long?  As in, they don't support life.

..........Just a thought

We used to get good bread from the store. A local[Tucson] restaurant/small order bakery. I put it in a bread bag. Rather dry than moldy. Left to the normal R/H, mold doesn't happen here. The sun is formidable. They had to turn the dial past 10 for UV index. It's around 12 now.

• Like 2