Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Here’s a link to a discussion of “Ear” speakers:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ear-speakers.485065/

They were, apparently, open baffle.  I recall reading about them, but I never heard a pair.  As I recall, Shakespeare mentioned them in Julius Caesar, when Marc Antony said, “ . . . . lend me your ears.”

Ok Diz, that is the limit on puns for this holiday. I have only been up for a couple hours and have had to suffer trough your Caesar joke, in one thread, your often used "foam call" routine in another thread and now I stumbled on this one. I am afraid to go to any other thread for fear of more "levity"!  Moderation my friend, moderation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Tuesday morning and I'm almost sober.  We ended up putting my 396's on the back patio this weekend and the more we drank the louder it got.  I generally try to be a good neighbor with regards to volume but failed miserably this weekend.  I earned the right to wear my "Pissing off the neighbors" t-shirt Sunday night.

On the garage front, I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures.  I still need to paint the ceiling, hang lights and garage door opener, install trim and make shelves.  A lot left to do but I'm getting close to the finish line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures. 

I'd rather watch golf.

… o O (adventures in CCC land.. )  speakin' bout "I's"

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday). I'm pretty well dead set on not getting another 2004 Silverado... cheer's !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Tuesday morning and I'm almost sober.  We ended up putting my 396's on the back patio this weekend and the more we drank the louder it got.  I generally try to be a good neighbor with regards to volume but failed miserably this weekend.  I earned the right to wear my "Pissing off the neighbors" t-shirt Sunday night.

I guess they don't call you the Slushie Man for nothing!

Some young-ins do some crazy-deadly crap on a dare from facepalm or twitverse and think they know how to party.

Unh Uh.

They should hang out with someone that was a teen or 20 something in the 1970s, They wouldn't make it until the am:laugh:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (adventures in CCC land.. )  speakin' bout "I's"

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday). I'm pretty well dead set on not getting another 2004 Silverado... cheer's !

Thieves suck.  Sorry to hear that.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Pete H said:

Back to work.  Busted butt this weekend getting the grill resurrected/pool opened and ready to swim/landscape bed cleanup/mulching/cutting grass.  Going back to work because I need a break.

That was a preview of what it's like to be retired.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures. 

I'd rather watch golf.

I'd rather watch paint dry than to paint with a brush.

4 hours ago, windashine said:

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday)

A 65 would be nice but would take alot to get it up to date or really reliable? Many people now start with switching from drum brakes to disc on older models, stopping is good. Sorry about the truck. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Some young-ins do some crazy-deadly crap on a dare from facepalm or twitverse and think they know how to party.

Unh Uh.

They should hang out with someone that was a teen or 20 something in the 1970s, They wouldn't make it until the am:laugh:

Your right, proved it once with a couple of son in laws. :emotion-19:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Went and picked up the 396's from the freight carrier because I couldn't wait and it was only 24 miles from me so tonight won't be the first time I've pissed of the neighbours, but I have, on occasion, reminded them of two very important things:

1.  We have no noise ordinance in our township.

2.  "you think that's loud, hold my beer" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3