Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You ever been near one?

@oldtimer the hair on my arms standing up, ears popping temp dropped fifteen to twenty degrees in an instant, hail as big as cue balls hurling down...I mean shot down... not just falling, and that f'n ROAR... that you can feel too! I'm only here because it remained a funnel cloud.

Wrath of God can't be bartered with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== okay, okay — I’m just sayin’ - looks it’s approaching 10 miles west. I’ll send you pics of my splintered home if that gains me more weather cred -

It might.  It is an honest offer, unlike the nonexistent offers regarding lies and propaganda.

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

You ever been near one?

@oldtimer the hair on my arms standing up, ears popping temp dropped fifteen to twenty degrees in an instant, hail as big as cue balls hurling down...I mean shot down... not just falling, and that f'n ROAR... that you can feel too! I'm only here because it remained a funnel cloud.

All of my life.  Ever seen softball sized hail blown sideways?  Only a jackass with an ego the size of you know who would consider barter.

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We can defeat this.  Let's just deny the science like the government.

Depends on which science, like the government it can mean 5 different things at once depending on the outcome your looking for.

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You ever been near one?

No, and hope I never do.

Be safe, it's better than brave and dead.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Softball??

That's scary even if it's straight down.

No, it's not the hail that's that big it's something else that needs to be that big to mess with a tornado, hail or not.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It might.  It is an honest offer, unlike the nonexistent offers regarding lies and propaganda.

=== five miles up the road as close as it got. Offer was honest, development was not. Disaster redacted —

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== basement time boys and girls. Tornado sirens are a blaring and seeing it on TV weather, it’s a mutha’. ‘Bouts 20 miles to my west.

Ive clicked my 👠 heels together and grabbed Toto — and my arse —

A small town about 15 miles north of me was hit hard. Lots of damage but no serious injuries.

@Davis you ok?

• Like 4