Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Looks like a good start to the day

A little on the fresh side this AM. 50`.  That is good... Between 6AM and 4PM, the temp will climb  4`/hr. 90`+ for a high.

Never really paid attention... My junk Sony receiver has banana plugs  Would that be an indication of a higher quality piece of equipment? That amp makes some heat. I know some of it has to do with running "harder" to push the R15Ms to an appropriate volume.

Watered the Jujube trees yesterday. They were showing some stress. Gonna have to thin the pomegranates this year. The bush/trees have choke blossoms. Prickly pear is loaded, too.

I'll start watering the "lawn" soon.  Has less to do with the grass needing water and everything to do with cooling things down... primarily the house. Most folks spend their $$$ running an a/c.... we don't

• Like 3

I have 3 swamp boxes. Don't use them. Don't really need them... that bad.We leave the house open all night. Close it up in the AM. Stays nice until 5PM. Notice my mention of 50` this AM.  You can feel the sun going down.

Narrowing my rattling/buzzing metal cabinet source. Beside the piece being junk before it fell over and is no longer square, the contents [metal cans] resonate. Was holding one yesterday when the right frequency happened. It about jumped out of my hand.

We had a guy that wanted the cab. I pulled it out of storage and set it in the yard. It is a lightweight and a gust of wind blew it over.

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Looks like a good start to the day

A little on the fresh side this AM. 50`.  That is good... Between 6AM and 4PM, the temp will climb  4`/hr. 90`+ for a high.

Never really paid attention... My junk Sony receiver has banana plugs  Would that be an indication of a higher quality piece of equipment? That amp makes some heat. I know some of it has to do with running "harder" to push the R15Ms to an appropriate volume.

Watered the Jujube trees yesterday. 

=== you have trees that grow Jubilees?? You’re very blessed —🙏

• Haha 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, windashine said:

…. o O (recommended bedtime reading) … How to keep snakes away

His wife is not worried about snakes, she has bigger problems, it's how WillyBob snuck in when she did that one night. 

WillyBob put some post around your place and make a big cover with shade cloth so the house stays in the shade all day, or frame a second roof a few feet over your roof. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

and cover it in thatch palm leaves... I saw yer tiki hut.... very nice.  Wife was saying she wants something along that line

we [kinda] have that. We call them trees.  Like our "lake" [all 90 acres], it doesn't take much to constitute a tree here.  Was on the roof trimming branches off it today...

ironically

I have a/c in the doghouse. 12 X 12 will heat up. It is still uncomfortably cool in the house, right now.

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

and cover it in thatch palm leaves... I saw yer tiki hut

I wanted a thatch roof, it would have cost about $600 to do it with the real thing. The problem is with our weather they say it only last 3-4 years so I went with a metal roof and covered the underneath with bamboo so you can't see the metal.

• Like 1

We had "palapas" at the campground.  We build a frame. Stretch chicken wire across.

These Mexican Fan Palms are easy... if you discount the claw thorns on the stems. It lasts a few year and you redo. Materials are free. Usually growing on the property.  Get tired of trying to get rid of "it" and like me and my rock pillar/posts, devise a use.

working at the campground... some crazy stuff.

Owners daughter, my age, was quite entertaining. From sunbathing nude to bringing her boa into the store/restaurant. People would flat drop their stuff and leave    So... with that going on, having the exotic dancers residing at the grounds would come as little surprise.They would come in the place wearing fishnet tops. 2in fishnet...

I worked there for a few years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2