Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

Here you go WillyBob.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-federal-laws-now-allow-174612307.html

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona farmers will soon begin planting hemp as its byproduct - CBD oil - is exploding in popularity, with some supporters saying it could overtake a traditional crop in the state because there's more money in the cannabis plant than cotton.

The emerging market for hemp, which contains ultra-low levels of the THC that creates a high in marijuana, will be focused in Arizona on producing flowers and seeds that can be used to make CBD oils,

CBD oils are increasingly being used in foods and as pain relievers, as well as for other medical conditions. In April, however, the Food and Drug Administration issued warning letters to companies for making unapproved health claims about CBD products.

seems the line has changed

... they were talking fiber hemp.  The marijuana farmers were complaining about the pollen contaminating their crop/s.

Hemp for CBD is grown the same as "regular"... no seeds. I don't think the seeds have anything but nutritional value.  No "active" ingredients.

the CBD craze will ebb, like all the other fad food/cures. I'm not saying it isn't good for some things. but .... not everything "they" claim.

Was just reflecting on the nopale fad. Miracle food and all. Ya know what nopale is?  Prickly Pear pads.

We are waiting for tuna season. No fins or gills. Tuna is prickly pear fruit... When we see red faced dove... we know they're ripe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== now my sad story. My 1999 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 LS V8 very nice, extremely low miles at 62K. Use it on occasion in bad weather, hauling etc. After we used it last weekend my stepson borrows it the next day and calls later in the day telling me the engine is locked up. He knows his way around anything automotive, tells me he was loading some stuff, started and stopped a couple times, heard a strange noise, got worse, turned it off, then louder metallic noise, turned off, that’s it. Locked up, won’t even turn over now. And yes, oil is changed regularly. It’s a machine, shite happens I guess —

Take the serpentine belt off and see if it will turn over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

the CBD craze will ebb, like all the other fad food/cures. I'm not saying it isn't good for some things. but .... not everything "they" claim.

I have been using CBD oil since last Memorial Day so a little over a year and for me and for ME it has definite beneficial effects! I'm an RN and now also a Cannabis Nurse! And I can teach all about cannabinoids.

John Kuthe, BSN, RN, Cannabis Nurse...

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Take the serpentine belt off and see if it will turn over.

Great idea, I would have never thought it was possible but I had an alternator lock up once and it would not let the engine turn over. 

A different time on a jeep we had an AC compressor lock up when the motor was running and broke the belt instantly. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

17 minutes ago, T2K said:

I started taking placebos and I feel much better now (sarcasm for oldtimer).

Keith

Well, that's some good shit.

The rate that placebos work can easily be over 50% and close to 60% on average. A capsule works better than a pill and mutable capsules a day work even better, it even came down to the color, some had better effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Well that's strange, I typed a word that is supposedly not allowed thinking it would not post it but it did, and now it will not let me edit it. I even signed out and back in and I can not change it.

• Like 2

Oh, so you must have meant placebo, as in "the American people are being fed placebos, which makes them think things are cured while the country slowly disintegrates as it falls farther and farther away from its constitution and the rule of law."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I would rather have a placebo than some of the medicine out there.

The American people, yes, has been for a very long time, they do what they want as long as the worker bees are somewhat happy or bullshitted enough to not complain much. Without worker bees, they don't have trillions to spend, used to be millions but they have moved on, business is good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Mr. Coffee finally bit the dust.  Ordered a Bunn Ninja 12 cup which was shipped overnight with Prime.  Ran just water through last night and again this morning then made a batch of Mayorga.  I like the "saturation" feature and the brew set to "rich" made a very flavorful carafe.  One amusing caution "do not drink from the carafe".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wha????   the carafe is just a decent size cup.

I spose you might wanna let the coffee cool a little, if it's an insulated carafe...

Getting about time to close the house up. Comfortably [too] cool, right now.  About 60`.  Headed to 100`... AHHHHH!!!!!

Finally used up the rest of the Kona beans. Straight Mexican this AM...  It's a peaberry.  May not be "gourmet", but damn good beans for $10/lb.  Champagne on the proverbial "beer budget"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bet he dinna flush it down the toilet.

wife was in town [Tucson] for a few days. Trying to enjoy her vacation. Brought some toys for kitty. Kitty likes. Now she is even more of a nuisance to throw her toy/s. The kid is here, so, that will help occupy her... both hers.

I suspect the kiddie pool sees water today. Even if the kid doesn't... I prolly will.  Not gonna bother dusting the floors. . Useless if/when I fill the pool.

Just about done "roughing out" the dry weeds. Taking it to "clean"... that a whole different story.  Got a pretty good pile of weeds and then there is the brush pile/tree trimmings. Won't do anything to it this year. It will draw quail in. They love a brush pile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So Mr. Coffee finally bit the dust.  Ordered a Bunn Ninja 12 cup which was shipped overnight with Prime.  Ran just water through last night and again this morning then made a batch of Mayorga.  I like the "saturation" feature and the brew set to "rich" made a very flavorful carafe.  One amusing caution "do not drink from the carafe".

Once you go Bunn, you never go back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4