Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

By the time the pork butts were done, I had smelled enough of it and the smoke and ate very little. After it was pulled then cooled I put in the refrigerator, I need to deal with it today. 31.5 pounds before cooking then removing the bones and cooking off the fat, probably 25 pounds of meat left?

Connect this on a cordless drill on high and pull 4 butts in about 1 minute, works great.

Edit; almost forgot put the butts in a big pot that is tall, or your dogs will be very happy when it flies everywhere when using this. 

AA77D474-224A-4C3B-BECD-9AB1B9A8032A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Connect this on a cordless drill on high and pull 4 butts in about 1 minute, works great.

Where in the world did you come up with that?  I spend more time pulling than I do tending to them (typically do 3 or 4 at a time like you).  I'm like you, most of the time when I'm done doing a long cook, I'm not hungry anymore for what I just finished, with the exception of picking some of the prime pieces and bark.  I freeze it up as well, but there's never really a time when it taste as good as the initial pull after resting when it comes off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I'm not hungry anymore for what I just finished, with the exception of picking some of the prime pieces and bark.

Ok can't lie, that was the very little I talked about, the bark is the best part.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Where in the world did you come up with that? 

Stole the idea off the internet and made one years ago, they were expensive back then about $70, now many people are selling them.

This just one video showing how it works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello all, thought I would let you know I have not died. Just got a new job that has taken over my life. 

Small world, I was having lunch today when a guy walks up and says I met you and Travis at the Klipsch Pilgrimage. What are the odds? Even more so when he lives in Dallas and just happened to be in San Antonio today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good thing it hasn’t been hot here (115 heat indices), after 6 days we got the a/c working again. Two year old $$$$ unit had the run capacitor and fan fail. 10 year warranty but the capacitor is deemed consumable. $50 cap and $75 service call. I just ordered a spare cap via ammmazon prime for $12.

Crappy contractor grade unit on the kiddos side purring along for 9 years.

Luther, who was the non stranger?

FFFFF****CK IT JUST FAILED AGAIN!

• Sad 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Hello all, thought I would let you know I have not died.

Well that's good, :lol: figured you were just busy, good to see you. 

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

FFFFF****CK IT JUST FAILED AGAIN!

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Your house sucks.

True, that house seems to have bad luck, was hoping the bad spirits left.

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

That is unbelievable, why would anyone store that much musical history in one place where it is not really protected from something as simple as fire or flood, no reason for this sillyness.

• Like 2

we had this place "cleansed"  Were told things like,"DO NOT remove these stones from the property... a handful of crystals.

.... we were also told the original owner/builder squirreled stuff in the walls.   I have opened almost every wall to insulate... so far, all I found was an old pair of wire pliers.  Nice, but, no treasure.

I entertained to kid yesterday.

She cooked pancakes for her breakfast. She did good, especially for a 5yr old.  Mixed the batter. Poured it on the griddle.... even had her flipping them.

After it got too warm to be outside, I filled the kiddie pool... and we played. Splashing and carrying on. She was laughing so hard, we had to stop for her to catch her breath. 

I call that a good day

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Have rain coming in on the radar again, started on me as soon as I stepped off the sidewalk a couple hours ago.

I have to clean up around the twelve foot wide perimeter, only do it a third as much as I should recently.

I could start a nursery, nobody would want the poison ivy or other vine coming over from Mordor. I wondered why that chinese family burned everything off the lawn with weedeaters for several years. I mean all the way to the dirt, bare dirt, took down all the trees and covered the literally rotten wood siding in the gables with vinyl. Now I know that the bad stuff went under the fence and popped up in my yard where there was decades of rich dirt around the perimeter. (smiley with steam coming off my head)

Oak, Maple, RedBud, ligustrum bush/trees too. All volunteers from stuff dropped by the birds. Got the two 32 gal lawn trash cans stuffed full already.

Second coffee should be ready by now.  

• Like 3