Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Here is something done while I have been away.

So your into pain now, I had no idea. :lol:

Just kidding, but I know it hurts, whoever did it did a really good job. Very nice and really good shading makes it really nice.

I have to admit I like the Koi but this has it beat.

• Thanks 1

Another day of near record heat. That doesn't take a big jump. Average temp is 100`. Record is ~110`.

w/o A/C or swamp box... the temp is 15 - 20` cooler indoors.

You will hear us talk strange stuff, though

how often have you heard, "Honey, I used up all of the cold water"? Tap water gets to tepid after a few minutes in the shower.   Cool showers don't last long.

Knackered my back vacuuming yesterday.  Moving a little slower than usual. Meds will make sure of that. lol

@dtel

You "work out of the home? 

Me, too. If you can call housework "working out of the house". I am still trying to realize retirement.

BorderPatrol sound busy this AM. I hear a chopper working across the valley. 

• Like 2

We did not even make it to 70 here yesterday because of all the rain, still cool right now. Darn humidity still feels like 90% out there though. We'll be using the ac again soon, back to normal by the weekend.

• Like 2

@oldtimer

will appreciate this

Made loko moko for the wife last night. New to her... I thought I made it before. Nothin' fancy. A couple scoops of rice. A hamburger patty topped with a fried egg or two, then smothered in brown gravy. Ketchup/catsup and tobasco are the usual condiments to it.

Went to the house to close it up. The BP Blackhawk had a bunch pinned down in the draw behind the house.  Just another day. 

my day will be done before it gets started. Emptying and refilling the kiddie [yeah.. kiddie]  pool sounds like a reasonable goal for the day.

I would be chasing wilting plants with the hose. Got lazy and set drip lines. On a timer... but I find myself overriding it.  Need to make a seasonal change to the program.

• Like 1

Summer weather seems to have been postponed in NE Ohio.  I believe the high is 66 today with more rain, but after a couple of stunning days, it's fine, but the pool isn't coming up to anything near swimming temperature.  I refuse to put a gas heater on it, but may be looking for a passive solar solution.  First year for my granddaughter to really enjoy the pool, so I'm going to do something.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

@oldtimer

will appreciate this

Made loko moko for the wife last night. New to her... I thought I made it before. Nothin' fancy. A couple scoops of rice. A hamburger patty topped with a fried egg or two, then smothered in brown gravy. Ketchup/catsup and tobasco are the usual condiments to it.

Went to the house to close it up. The BP Blackhawk had a bunch pinned down in the draw behind the house.  Just another day. 

my day will be done before it gets started. Emptying and refilling the kiddie [yeah.. kiddie]  pool sounds like a reasonable goal for the day.

I would be chasing wilting plants with the hose. Got lazy and set drip lines. On a timer... but I find myself overriding it.  Need to make a seasonal change to the program.

No one puts ketchup on loco moco...or are they that whacko on Kauai?  Tabasco--acceptable, Shoyu--standard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

You "work out of the home? 

Me, too. If you can call housework "working out of the house". I am still trying to realize retirement.

Yes, I work from home, I make things people order through the wife, wood signs and glass etchings mostly.  It's something to do besides whatever it takes around here, which is alot sometimes. Just finished 14 small signs 6" x 17.5" people wanted for fathers day, plus some glasses with different things etched on them, some get picked up some get shipped.

Except for making the signs and painting them and the actual etching the rest is all done inside listening to music, the stuff inside takes about 80% of the time. Half on the computer designing things and laying them out to be cut, and half on the kitchen table weeding designs and applying them to whatever is going to be painted or etched. 

Supposedly retired, but can be very busy at times, sometimes nothing. But I do like it all, it's fun, well except when you're doing many of the same things over and over, then it's work. 

• Like 3

uh huh

elevation s everything

we're at 3700 feet . ... up out of the cactus

@babadono

it only 500 miles to SanDiego from here.

got a little thrill. Stung by a bee.... I'm allergic to them. Incidental contact. Not malicious. It landed on my back and I grabbed/swatted. Didn't need the epipen. Reaction can be from none to hives everywhere.

yes, I used to be an apiculturist.  Beekeepers tend to develop allergy to stings. 1/10 are. 1/100 in general population.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, WillyBob said:

we're at 3700 feet . ... up out of the cactus

19 hours ago, babadono said:

and at 2000':)

Now I'm starting to feel attitude envy at a whopping 35'. :blush:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A different altitude might cure that attitude.

It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

"go"??!!??