Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Starting out to be "just another day"... everyone, but me, still asleep. I don't expect anything much. Evil step dad's don't get recognition. lol

I found something kinda cool. A cicada nymph crawling out to shed its last time. Wife was quite unimpressed. Can't say I'm surprised. She has zero interest in nature. She has read about "it". 

Did some more tree trimming. Maybe a little more than I should have. Back is talking to me. Working on that. Not quite there. Legs still reach the ground.

Anyone "binge watch" 24Hrs of LeMans? Been a while since I looked at a race.  Some interesting vehicle designs. Aerodynamics look to have taken some counter-intuitive turns. Specifically the headlights. Reminds me of a Chrysler300.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

was watching this show called LIVE PD and they flashed an interesting fact on the screen.  Think I’ll need to consult Neil @DizRotus or Travis @dwilawyer or @Jeff Matthewsbefore i enter Florida again.  I generally don’t carry Cocaine on me; but, when i do it’s never more than 27 grams.  Who would’ve thunk by leaving it a home, i was breaking the law? 😀  Those old retired folks in Florida must really know how to party. 

IMG_3421.jpg

I think what they meant is it a 3rd degree felony between a "useable amount" and 28 grams.   

In Texas possession  of cocaine goes on the following weight ladder:

less than 1 gram is a state jail felony; more than 1 gram and less than 4 grams is a 2nd degree felony; more than 4 grams and less than 200 grams is a 1st degree felony; more than 200 grams and less than 400 grams is life imprisonment or a term of 10 to 99 years and up to a $100,000 fine; more than 400 grams is life imprisonment or a term of 10 to 99 years and up to a $250,000 fine.

• Like 1

what they meant and said ....

an uneventful day. That, in itself, makes it notable.

we still have the evening.  

Had to fight dinner down the kid. Boy brought her home angry. Hungry/angry.

wife is going to have to "enjoy" the good stereo whether she likes it or not. The "system" in the doghouse is better than a lot of junk I have owned.... but is still junk compared to what is sitting in the house.

she goes back to work in a month. that is not quite true.... she is working at home instead of at the school. 

I have to question why the schoolyear is arranged the way it is, here. School runs Aug - May.  Seems to me that going back in Sept would be more practical. In "normal" years, we have to deal with afternoon t-storms and flooded washes thru Aug. We can be stranded between washes. Can be several hours... Why we carry a change of clothes and non-perishable food in the car.

• Like 2

that was filmed at OldTucson.

MichaelLandon was fond of Arivaca and filmed a few episodes of   ..... having a brainfart...out here.

Highway to Heaven... thanks google

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0601552/locations

I've participated in a couple of "shoots"

I helped with set construction and you get to see the back of my head in PaulMcCartney's "Stranglehold" video

also in "GusBrown and MidnightBrewster"... That was shot at the greyhound racetrack in Amado.... Not bus, dogs. We're wild, but that is a stretch... even for us

I met SirPaul... It was 3AM. Comes up to me ,"Drinking coffee?"

"uhhhhhhh... yeah"  

that was it. 

• Like 3

We were decorating the dance "hall" at the HalfwayStation...in a previous life, a stage stop. Half way between Tucson and Nogales. Place was closed and needed "life" breathed into it.  We were trying to make the confetti "explode" from the pinatas in the vid....Anyway, at 3AM, he comes to see "How it's going".  I was standing there, in a daze from being up for near 24hrs, when he approached me. 

I pretty accurately described our "convo"...  of all the things I would have liked to ask/say... Best I could do was "duhhhh"

Seemed very personable and everyone that wanted autographs got. I managed to get Paul and Linda's on the same piece of paper.

that might be worth something, eventually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

as baby face as he is, he was starting to show his age at that time.

Me too.  Just had a random thought this morning that I have to take mandatory distributions from an IRA at 70 1/2 years old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The one project for the day is to set up the new Rega Planar 3 and the Hana EH moving coil cartridge.  Dreading the job since I broke a wire on the Denon last week.  The Schiit Mani pre is to arrive today. 

Tomorrow.....will attempt to take the arm off the Denon and send it to Texas to a forum bud for rewiring.

Hope these 70 year old hands are steady enough😑

• Like 4

you can do it! Steady up... I have hardwired connections on receivers for my R/C helicopters.  12 wires, 1 mm dia, of 7 strands ea to a board less than 1in square. 

taking it apart

it's already broken... you have that going for you.

putting it back on.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

you can do it! Steady up... I have hardwired connections on receivers for my R/C helicopters.  12 wires, 1 mm dia, of 7 strands ea to a board less than 1in square. 

taking it apart

it's already broken... you have that going for you.

putting it back on.....

I was trying to machine an R/C Helicopter's rotor head parts from an R/C Modeler magazine's plans in metal shop in high school! I made a few, but mostly I got HIGH in high school!

And you are correct, since it's already BROKEN you have that going for you! Problem is: you can break it worse trying to FIX IT! 😉

Try NOT to go that route!

John Kuthe...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3